Thread: cant download from televisiontunes.com

Default cant download from televisiontunes.com

this may sound a bit geeky, but for reasons i wont bother going into ive been trying to download some tv theme tunes using both RMC 3 and the latest version of RMC 4.

with both browsers its very hit and miss and i cant really work out why.. ive tried changing settings and things i can think of but it still only downloads about 3 for every 7 or 8 i try...not even the dump feature on RMC3 works with it..

ive cleared firefox and everything and the problem still persits...

heres the full link for the page, id appreciate it if anyone gets a spare twenty minutes to see if they have any more luck than me.. http://www.televisiontunes.com/a-theme-songs.html

thanks in advance for any help i may receive

Default Re: cant download from televisiontunes.com

I've tried several streams and they were simple progressive HTTP .mp3 streams. If you have problems downloading them with RMC 4, try to go to Tools -> Settings > HTTP Download Tweaks and add the following site to secure sites list
    Code:
    www.televisiontunes.com
    Then the streams will be captured, not downloaded, so you will need the streams to be buffered completely in your broweser in order to save them fully.

p.s. I didn't have any problem downloading songs from the web-site with RMC 4. They are downloaded faster than in real time, but this is normal; the streams were downloaded completely.
    p.p.s. The new method of renaming files in RMC 4.1.6 seems to work great on this web-site.

heyy thanks for the reply...

i feel a bit of a fool now because i think i just had the minimum size thing set to high. some of them are low size so thats why they were not working.. i set the minimum size to 0 and also the segments to 1 and every one has downloaded fine.

your right about the renaming too , i got the new update earlier and everyone has renamed perfectly which is great because it requires less effort on my part lol.

thanks once again for your help

Awesome Blaze - glad that worked out for you! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.