Thread: Can files be captured that are dvd compatible?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Can files be captured that are dvd compatible?

Hello,

I'm a new user of WM capture which I understand is essentially the same software as RV capture. I want to capture a series of lectures that are streaming on the web. I can successfully capture but how do I make the video dvd compliant (ie 720x480)?

The website I am using requires a full screen view (no chance of partially minimizing). The lecture is a set of slides in the middle of the screen and I simply capture that portion but, how do I position the box to capture exactly 720 x 480? Is there a way to keep the highlighted square in the position? There's a new class each week and it would helpful be able to immediately record rather than fuss with placement of the capture box.

Thank you
    ========
    Add in

I have captured a couple classes and tried to burn as dvd's. I set the fps at 25 and video recording at highest level. The captures play in all my computer video players. However, I have a professional video editing program (Video Redo) and audio stumbles badly in this software. I asked VRD support to take a look at one of captures and they said that the actual video capture rate was 20 fps not 25 fps. The audio stuttering was due to the non dvd compliant fps. They further found that if the headers were changed to 20 fps (remuxing the file to change fps) that it played fine in VRD and other video players. VRD told me that I would have change use a fps converter on all the WM captures if I wanted to burn a dvd. I do not want to use extra software at all.... Please help!
    Last edited by MyIdaho; 01-27-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added info