Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder 4 - Audio (Not Reponding)

Default Freecorder 4 - Audio (Not Reponding)

Frequently when I record a radio show of a couple hours or longer, when I press the Stop Recording button I get a "Freecorder 4 - Audio (Not Responding)" message at the top of the recording box. No mp3 file gets created and I need to close the program. Thus the recording session was wasted.

Is there a way for me to avoid getting the Not Responding message? Am I doing something wrong? I have no problems streaming music from any source. I am using Internet Explorer 8 on a Windows 7 PC. Any help with my problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

jerseyskier

Default Re: Freecorder 4 - Audio (Not Reponding)

I am having the same problem. I hope someone from Applian reads this and responds. Thanks in advance for helping.
    I wonder if this has to do with the temporory files being filled up... maybe one should somehow go in and cancel the temp files for all the other audio/video that has been watched or heard, most of which we don't want to save, before starting to record an important concert or opera from a live stream.

Is this the solution? If so, what is the easiest way to empty the temp audio/video files? By the way, when Freecorder froze after recording Act II of an opera yesterday, a huge list of tempfiles of stuff (YouTube videos etc.) I had seen over the last 24-48 hours appeared in the Video History Tool -- but they were not visible in the window that opened when I stopped recording Act I and gave the file a new name - I don't think they were visible before I started recording, though maybe I did not check before starting to record.

If all the temp files in fact are visible in the History Tool, the first step before recording a concert should be to delete the unwanted temp files...It would be nice if there were a button "Empty all temp files" instead of having to delete them one by one...
    Thanks for a professional response.
    Last edited by Katie; 01-10-2011 at 06:34 AM. Reason: more info about problem

Good evening

Applian is reading. :-)

I will ask our freecorder support team to have a closer look at this issue for you. You should hear from myself or somebody else shortly.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Some security software will stop it dead in its tracks. Freecorder's video history tool detects videos you've played and makes them readily available for you to save. That's exactly what it's supposed to do, but many security suites like to block other software's ability to see history. Makes sense except when that's exactly what you want to. It is also known to have problems recording when security suites are installed. Please try temporarily disabling your security software while using the toolbar. If you’re using Windows Vista, be sure to enable the Windows Vista Audio driver in Freecorder’s audio capture settings. See this section of the user guide for more information:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/h...#audio_capture

Another tip is to delete your temporary internet files from your browser's cache. Also, the video history tool you do have an option to delete all media. You will want t make sure that you save any video you want to keep before doing so. Here is a link for the video history: http://www.applian.com/freecorder4/help.php#videoo

Also keep in mind that the Freecorder Toolbar is our free, no-frills recorder. We've placed most of our expertise into our full-featured recorders. And they don't have issues with most security suites. If you predominately record video clips, try Replay Media Catcher. If you record music, try Replay Music.
    http://applian.com/downloads.php

In Freecorder 3 Audio, even when we get the "Not Responding" problem, the current recording file is still created, but not in Freecorder 4. It gets very frustrating especially when I'm recording radio shows and I miss the entire opportunity. Is there any way I can find the temporary audio file? Where would it be stored? (I'm using Windows 7).

Thanks.

Worked for me with no hang-ups using the Safari browser (deleted all history before attempting recording)

Angry Re: Freecorder 4 - Audio (Not Reponding)

I have a similar problem. Even when I'm not using the toolbar (recording from a streaming program). Everything works great until the end of the song. The song is over, and I press "stop recording", and Freecorder just freezes (not responding). Nothing will fix it, and the recording session is wasted when I force-quit Freecorder. This happens about half of the times I record. Sometimes it helps to "pause" or "stop" the music player before pressing "stop recording", other times the song is just fading when I press "stop recording", or deleting auto-recorded video, but this problem still happens frequently either way. The song file is never stored before the program freezes, so the session is wasted. I'm usually recording 3.5 minute songs.

How to fix or patch this?

I'm using: Firefox 8, Freecorder 4, and Windows7.
    Last edited by Saphira; 01-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.

I have been having exactly the same problem! I just recorded something that I don't want to lose (which I will if I 'quit' the recorder). I even did a short test recording prior to this recording and everything worked fine. Is there any way I can still save my recording??

I'm also using Freecorder4 and Windows 7.

Hi Guys

Sorry to hear you are having some troubles with Freecorder. Browser crashes are usually the result of another program clashing with Freecorder. Here is a list of things that we know can cause this problem:

Ad-Muncher
    LiveMesh
    CounterSpy
    SpySweeper
    ZoneAlarm
    CA Anti-Spyware Utility
    Comodo
    Vista Transformation Pack
    Net Nanny
    Threatfire
    Trusteer Rappoirt
    PCTools
    Avast
    If you have any of these or a similar app running on your computer, try shutting them down while Freecorder is running. If it is not one of the known apps this can be difficult to pinpoint.
    Another suggestion is to look for FLVsrvc.exe as a process in the windows Task Manager. If you find it, end that process.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Freecorder 5 - Audio (Not Reponding)

Hi, I know this thread is old but have used this program for years, mainly for recording audio from the web and radio stations. (Tried later versions but have great difficuly installing them successfully)

I also have the "Freecorder - Audio (Not Responding)" problem and have just recorded an important message but it's now frozen before saving the file.

PLEASE where is the temporary audio file stored so I can recover it?

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox and am quite computer literate (have used & programmed computers extensively since 1966).

Thanks for any help. Just hope I get a response soon as I won't turn off the computer.

Regards, Robert