Thread: difference between Freecorder 2 and Freecorder 4 Toolbar, custom installation and records what?

Default difference between Freecorder 2 and Freecorder 4 Toolbar, custom installation and records what?

Hi Applian experts,

I have a 3 part question...

1) What is the difference between Freecorder 2 and the Freecoder 4 Toolbar?... I don't see anything else about Freecorder 2 on this website except on the forums section.

2) When I install the Freecorder 4 Toolbar, and I have two different browsers on my Windows 7 ULT machine, IE 8 and Firefox 3.6, can I choose which browser to install the Freecoder 4 Toolbar in?

3) Will the Freecorder 4 Toolbar record any audio on the machine including iTunes broadcasts?... something in the FAQs said that you have to start the recorder before browsing to the audio that you want to record, which indicates that it isn't for recording iTunes audio broadcasts... will it record any audio on the machine?... how would I start the recorder before starting iTunes if I want to record an audio radio show for later listening?

Thanks very much,

digiday

Default Re: difference between Freecorder 2 and Freecorder 4 Toolbar, custom installation and records what?

Freecorder 2 is an older program that we have not changed for years. It is a desktop application and records audio. The toolbar will record on either or both of your browsers. When you install you make the choice. You will need to experiment with it to see how to best use it with your computer. Select audio icon and then go to what you want to record.