Thread: Problem with Cache Browser: Error message in Windows 7: "Invalid Characters in Path"

Default Problem with Cache Browser: Error message in Windows 7: "Invalid Characters in Path"

I am using Internet Explorer, Win 7 ultimate:

I am new to Replay Media Catcher, just got it today. I am going through the tutorial but I am stock in the Using Cache Browser. After I hit refresh, error message comes up "Invalid Characters in Path". Any ideas what this means and what I am supposed to do?

Thanks

Default Re: Problem with Cache Browser: Error message in Windows 7: "Invalid Characters in Path"

What language do you use in Windows 7? Is your username using latin letters only?

Default Re: Problem with Cache Browser: Error message in Windows 7: "Invalid Characters in Path"

Thanks for your reply. For some reasons, it works fine now.

Great. If you do have this issue see what happens if you take out the non English symbols.

You will get this message if you have not closed out of your browser before selecting refresh in the cache window. If you are in Firefox or IE, close it down, then in Replay Media Catcher Cache, select IE or Firefox and refresh. Then you will see the history.

I got same message yesterday. Tried solution posted by Shelle Heggenberger, Appian Staff, and it did not work. Tried reinstalling program and dumping temp files. No joy!!