Thread: Format to DVD

Default Format to DVD

I have some downloaded old movies (french) , average 700mb , avi format PAL .I want to copy (convert) to DVD +R, to be viewed in my Home DVD player.<Panasonic DVD-RV32>( if this helps, there is a marking on the player : 192hkz 24 bit Audio D/A converter). I went thru the process of conversion, choosing the NTSC etc. The burning took place fine. But the dvd is not read by my player. I have no problem viewing the dvd thru the computer. Can you guide me in what format I need to use .
    I am new at that stuff.
    Thanks
    Bob.

Default Followup

As a follow-up to my previous post, as a result of more investigation, I founded out that my DVD player will play ONLY commercial produced DVD movies. Out it goes, replaced eventually by another.
    The Dvd produced using Replay Converter worked perfectly in another brand of DVD player.
    Regards to all
    Bob.*

Hi Bob

I'm not familiar with that dvd player, besides commercial movies, did it list any SPECIFIC file formats it'll work with? (Mpeg-2, mpeg-4, avi, for example). If you can find out more specifics you can MAYBE find a format that you can convert to, but other than that, i'm glad you're getting answers.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.