Thread: Help with capturing from Hulu

Default Help with capturing from Hulu

Ok, I'm new to all this so bear with me...

I have version 2.1 I believe. I had thought about trying the 3.0 but I heard there were some problems with it so I haven't risked it yet.

Anyway, I was trying to capture the Fifth Element from hulu. When it starts up it captures the advertisement, but then after a few seconds gives me the incomplete capture on the actual movie. I was trying to capture it in 480p.

I clicked the button to play the video in a new window and it (from what I can tell) starts recording. So I left it on all night long and half of the next day. It recorded a bunch of stuff but I was expecting it to be done by then. Somewhere in the middle of all the captures it had an "incomplete capture" so I just killed the whole thing.

Should a capture take almost an entire day? I have a 1.5 Mb connection. Not fast, but I wouldn't think it would take that long.
    Also, how do I know if it's even working correctly?
    If one of the files in the middles shows up incomplete does that mean I can't fix that part?

According to my calculations it should only take about 1 hour 15 minutes to download a 2 hour movie in 480p at 1.5Mbps, so it certainly shouldn't take a day or more.

The Demo of Version 3.0 seems to work fine for me with Hulu, so maybe give it a shot? For instance, I can capture 5 different 480p episodes of an hour show (5 times 43 minutes of video) simultaneously in about 1.5 hours on my 3.0Mbps connection.

It doesn't cost to upgrade, does it? I heard that certain past versions had problems with Hulu, although I have no idea which ones since I have only just started testing out the program myself.

Wait and see what they say, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tclower View Post
    Ok, I'm new to all this so bear with me...

I have version 2.1 I believe. I had thought about trying the 3.0 but I heard there were some problems with it so I haven't risked it yet.
    Hi there..

You are using an older version of Media Catcher. We have recently released an upgrade for Media Catcher which is available for $9.95. It is an amazing upgrade which allows you to capture just about anything.

http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.