Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Converter stops at 99%

Default Replay Converter stops at 99%

It takes only about 10 minutes to get to 99% and then it sits there until I decide I have had enough waiting, at least 30 additional minutes. I am using, according to Applian Director, version 4.07 of Replay Converter. I am attempting to convert from a .mpg file to an mp4 or avi file.

Is there a setting that I am missing?

Thank you.

Default Re: Replay Converter stops at 99%

Hi Joe,

Thanks for your inquiry and i'm sorry to hear you're having these issues. Is your file copy protected? If so that is why it won't convert the file. Can you tell us where you downloaded/obtained the mpg file from, please?
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I am having the same problem. I am trying to convert files from my Dad's dvr camcorder to edit in Pinnacle. I hit 99% and the ocnversion stops. I am using 4.07

What format is the original in? How large is the file? How long are you waiting when it hits 99 percent?

I was having the same situation converting to iPod Video High Quality (450 Kbps). I would get a faster than normal run up to 99% and there it would stop. As others have noted, I would wait a bit then give up with a failed attempt. One day I decided to play the “waiting game” just to see if anything would happen. Surprisingly after an extended wait the conversion was successful and I have done this many times since with no further problems. I believe the problem is in the advancing percentage indicator. The fast run to 99% is deceptive and of no use. Try waiting out the conversion and see if it doesn’t eventually work. It did for me. If this issue is problematic with most or all users then Applian needs to address this.

I have the same issue converting a .m2ts file to .mp4 file. The original is 5gig file and it gets to 99% then stalls. I'm running the 64-bit version on a new HP Pavillion Elite HPE. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by goodkol View Post
    I have the same issue converting a .m2ts file to .mp4 file. The original is 5gig file and it gets to 99% then stalls. I'm running the 64-bit version on a new HP Pavillion Elite HPE. Any ideas?
    Hi Unfortunately, that particular file type you mentioned is NOT yet supported by Replay Converter.

If you want more details on this, Please see the following URL for a list of file types that converter DOES convert to and from(scroll down a few inches):

http://applian.com/replay-converter/
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Got the same thing..

Steps:

1) Brought a Tivo file over to PC via Tivo Desktop

2) Removed the Tivo wrapper via Tivo Decoder

3) Dropped resultant MPEG into GSpot.eve and saw it was a VDV 'VOB" format Mpeg-2 Program Stream with 1 vid, 1 aud stream and bitrate of 40000 kb/s VBR at 1920x1080.. audio was AC3

4) Used Replay Converter to go to AVI(MPEG-4) High Quality...

..ad it stopped at 99%.

Now.. it is a BIG file.. a football game.. 30GB. I let it run overnight and most of the next morning (today). After cancelling it I saw a AVI file with the correct name. It was only 3.5GB and playing it I saw that it was not even halfway through the 1st quarter... which makes sense comparing the file sizes.

So.. is the progress bar that far off? Is the conversion process that slow?

This is a Win7 64 bit quad processor rig and while it is not state of the art, I rather expected that 12 hours should have handled this... will Applian be getting a CUDA-enabled converter soon?

Converting a file that large is something I have not done. It is huge. It takes a lot of power to convert and unless your system is really powerful that could be the issue. I find that the converter percentage bar is very accurate for smaller files. It does take longer to convert when you convert a large file. I have no idea as to how long it could take to convert a file of that size.

Best Regards,

Cheryl Wester

I had that problem too after purchase. I rebooted and all is well.