Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could not initialize any audio drivers. Please make sure "FCAudio.exe" is not running by looking in the Windows task manages

Default Re: "FCAudio.exe ERROR" plz help!

Was there ever a fix for this? I've been searching the forums and can't find any information. I get the same error messages as the users above when I click the Record Audio button on the freecorder toolbar. Help!?!

Hi Rockett,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

Sorry that you are having troubles with Freecorder. In your Performance Options, under the Data Execution Prevention tab; you can select the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only".

A second option: add Freecorder to the list of services that are allowed. You would want to add:

C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCAudio.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCConv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCSettings.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCVideos.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\ffmpeg.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvce.exe

Please let me know if this helps.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hi Rockett,

Sorry to hear you're having troubles.

Sorry that you are having troubles with Freecorder. In your Performance Options, under the Data Execution Prevention tab; you can select the "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

A second option: add Freecorder to the list of services that are allowed. You would want to add:

C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCAudio.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCConv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCSettings.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCVideos.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\ffmpeg.exe
    C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvce.exe

Please let me know if this helps.
    Hi Jeff,
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    I tried adjusting the DEP option but that didn't have any effect.
    I had a hard time finding where to add to allowed services.
    I'm using Windows XP and IE7 if that helps.
    Any other help you can provide will be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Cheryl R.

Default Unable to record, "Could not initialize any audio drivers."

I've had no problems with Freecorder at all, the occasional freeze here and there. But not since i've reformatted. I've received the program again and everything was working just fine until just recently, where I couldn't select the Windows Vista Audio Technology in the settings. When I select that and deselect Applian technology, I get an error that reads:

"Could not initialize any audio drivers.

Please make sure "FCAudio.exe" is not running by looking the Windows task manager
    ."

I've tried adding those programs to the DEP and still haven't had any luck, nor even reinstalling it. Is there a for sure fix on this?
    Last edited by Azagthoth; 04-21-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Default Re: Could not initialize any audio drivers. Please make sure "FCAudio.exe" is not running by looking in the Windows task manages

I had this problem but it seems I have fixed it!

Oddly enough, I found that the folder that I usually save my audio to had been moved (I normally save audio to 'recordings' in my Music folder, for some reason it was now saving to a folder called 'Freecorder 4' in 'my documents' ). Not sure why, so I changed it back to the old folder. I also found not all the audio fields were selected fro recording. So I selected them all- and viola, problem seems to be solved. I'm not sure why my aduio fields are now different colours, but it seems to be fixed.

Can't say why or how, but that what I did and it's seems to be working now. So maybe try that?

Default Re: Could not initialize any audio drivers. Please make sure "FCAudio.exe" is not running by looking in the Windows task manages

and yet another.. searched reserched this fc audio.exe reloaded my appps. etc. now it still dont work and i got like 3 toolbars all same thing. and cant get rid of.. tried reloading the whole thing. and didnt work.. wth.. had to go tinkering didnt they..

Red face Re: Could not initialize any audio drivers. Please make sure "FCAudio.exe" is not running by looking in the Windows task manages

Ive had this problem loads of times and needed to reinstall, and have just figured it out

gointo freecorder settings and tick 'record using applan audio driver technology'

cant believe this fixed it lolz