Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

Default Re: Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    This is correct. All RMC plugins should reside in the Replay Media Catcher 4 directory.

I was able to use rtmpdump.exe as a plugin for RMC 4 to download RTMPE streams from myspace some time ago. I don't really know whether anything has changed in RMC or not, and whether playlists are required.

Applian is limited by DMCA, so their products can't find RTMPE URLs, since to find them you need to use decryption (This is no longer possible due to Adobe's actions).

All developers of RTMPE recording apps that I know, except for open source rtmpdump (hosted in Hungary), reside in China. But even China doesn't help much, since customers need to pay somehow, and paypal accounts, accounts in payment gateways accepting credit/debit cards, accounts in software selling networks are closed pretty fast. So the US companies are limited more than the Chinese ones, but this doesn't help much to Chinese software vendors.

There are no software vendors in the US, Europe, Australia that sell RTMPE recording apps. You can thank Adobe for that.

Use HTML5 videos at least on youtube. The less users install glitchy flash player and use HTML5, the less glitches and security risks are there. Plus you need fewer resources to play HTML5 videos (this is especially important for portable devices). Note that "secure" protocols like RTMPE require even more resources.

The latest versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera support HTML5 webm videos. WebM is an open standard and it is freely available to everyone.
    Fair enough.
    How do you make this plugin work w/Youtube what are the settings/parameters?

My 2 cents;

History tends to repeats its self I'm nor surprised...reminds me of Macrovision/Sony Arccos companies...how hard they tried to prevent the obvious & they pretty much gave up on the technology but they are still around.

Default Re: Cannot download from fox.com: Encrypted RTMP (RTMPE) has been detected but no playlist was found to provide the connection details

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewC1000 View Post
    How do you make this plugin work w/Youtube what are the settings/parameters?
    Please see the following thread to learn how to join the HTML5 experiment on youtube and how do download webm videos with Replay Media Catcher 4.1.6:
    How to download WebM videos from YouTube.com and other web-sites with Replay Media Catcher 4