Thread: Error: couldn't find target channel:

Default Error: couldn't find target channel:

I started getting this error today randomly -- I'm trying to record Sirius channel 100 but this error pops up. It will work sometimes, but will give this error about 50% of the time. Any ideas why this started happening?

Default Re: Error: couldn't find target channel: ###

I got this error for the first time today. I was trying to also record 100. I'm still on version 8.77 but am going to upgrade to the latest in hops that will fix the error. Any other insight would be appreciated!

It is not an issue on this end. I believe they are having issues with the channel. It is a really popular one and it could be that the server is overloaded. You do want to use the latest version so make sure you uninstall and reboot prior to installing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    It is not an issue on this end. I believe they are having issues with the channel. It is a really popular one and it could be that the server is overloaded. You do want to use the latest version so make sure you uninstall and reboot prior to installing it.
    I got the same error today while trying to tune to The Jay Thomas Show on Sirius 108, and it can't be an overload, as no one with anything better to do ever listens to Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    I started getting this error beginning on Sunday 12/19 for both Sirius 100 and Sirius 101.

Default Error: couldn't find target channel: - This Resolved the issue (at least for today) for me

Like other forum users, I recently started receiving this error for all Sirius shows.

I found that if I go into each scheduled show, selected the Recording tab and reselected Sirius Online the error no longer occurred.

I do not know if this is a long term resolution or if it only fixed it for today.