Thread: Unable to download from Youtube: No videos found or site not supported

Default Unable to download from Youtube: No videos found or site not supported

I get the following message when trying to save a video:

'No videos found or site not supported'

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I'm using Freecorder 4 with Internet Explorer 7 under WinXP.

Thanks,
    Flustered

Default Re: Unable to download from Youtube: No videos found or site not supported

Has nobody had this problem? If you have, please enlighen me. I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks

Default Re: Unable to download from Youtube: No videos found or site not supported

Please post a web-page URL of your the video.

As requested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6bOCUOPN0w

Thanks for the reply
    Flustered

It's a simple progressive HTTP video stream. Works fine for me in Firefox. You shouldn't have any problems saving it using the Video History Tool of Freecorder 4 or using the YouTube Downloader from Freecorder 4. Try to clean the cache of your browser and download again.

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    It's a simple progressive HTTP video stream. Works fine for me in Firefox. You shouldn't have any problems saving it using the Video History Tool of Freecorder 4 or using the YouTube Downloader from Freecorder 4. Try to clean the cache of your browser and download again.
    It worked fine for me as well, in firefox AND ie - please try as stream-recorder said and let us know your results!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Sorry for the delayed response. I regularly clear the temp files (about every other day). When I open any video on Youtube, the progress bar (red bar that loads whether the video is actually playing or not) starts fully loaded (all the way to the left). Not sure whether that's clear or not; the bar starts as though the video's already been watched. This, even after clearing the temp files as well as the history in IE7. This... thing that's happening started rather suddenly; ie, not after an update.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled Freecorder, but this didn't help.
    I can't help but think it's some sort of virus, though I've run both my antivirus software, as well as Spybot.
    Any other ideas would be appreciated.
    BTW, I have another computer set up similar to my main system (same OS, same loaded progs, and with Freecorder 4), this system downloads videos just fine...
    Thanks for the support
    Flustered

Okay, so after reading Jeff's response I got the idea that maybe clearing out the temp files and the history wasn't getting rid of... something. So I went into 'internet options' then the settings for 'browser history', and low and behold, there were lots and lots of cookies. Don't know why I got the impression that cookies would be deleted with the temp files...
    Anyway, I reinstalled Freecorder and now am able to download again.
    Thanks for the help!
    (no longer) Flustered