Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replay Media Catcher 4 - wont install on Windows 7: Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Default Replay Media Catcher 4 - wont install on Windows 7: Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Hi,

I'm losing the will to live with RMC4 - brought and downloaded the update last night - and it appears to install correctly. However, when you try to run the program, I get

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.. Click ok to try again or nether an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package RMCX64.Setup.msi in the box below"

I've tried deleting reg keys as suggested in other posts, reinstalling and still the same problem all to no-avail.

Not overally happy about this - it seems in the partnering process for v4 the quality of the software has gone down if the installation routine is buggy!

Does anyone have any ideas - and suggestions of reinstalling W7 wont go down well

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 4 - wont install on Windows 7: Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

And before support ask - EAC is turned off, I'm running as administrator - all service packs are installed - and RMC v3 works fine on the same machine

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher 4 - wont install on Windows 7: Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Hi,

I'm losing the will to live with RMC4 - brought and downloaded the update last night - and it appears to install correctly. However, when you try to run the program, I get

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.. Click ok to try again or nether an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package RMCX64.Setup.msi in the box below"

I've tried deleting reg keys as suggested in other posts, reinstalling and still the same problem all to no-avail.

Not overally happy about this - it seems in the partnering process for v4 the quality of the software has gone down if the installation routine is buggy!

I've turned off EAC/ w7 is fully upto date (64bit version) and v3.11 works fine -

Default Re: Re: Replay Media Catcher 4 - wont install on Windows 7: Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

my problem is exactly the same one as johncarlton is having

Default Replay Media Catcher 4 - wont install on Windows Vista: Error: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

I have the same problem with vista 64. All windows updates have been installed. Terry

Right, it appears that the installation routine is definately broken as when I went into the program folder for it and found the program (i.e. starting it by not clikcing on a shortcut) and it eventually started - apart from complaining about a number of different problems with .net.

So..... when are we going to see an updated install package which works - as this package is definately broken...?

It's definately an installer problem as if I go to the program folder and click on the rmc file - it starts up - albeit throwing some error messages about .net - once I clear those it's all ok - well, apart from the fact this version now saves files with the generic name of the website that it came from - which actually makes it useless!!

Come on support, these issues with the installer are obviously a problem in this release - and the naming problem has been going on for days from looking at the forums. I'm almost at the point of just turning round and asking for my money back - v3.11 worked well - why did I bother to upgrade??!

Hey Jeff - I actually reported my problem at noon yesterday not 9pm. I did get a response this morning but unfortunately, the suggestion given hasn't solved my problem. I was given a URL where I could download the right update but it goes nowhere. I am having the same installer problems mentioned by John, IDODETAILS and Jebuy. I am getting the same error message John described. I would think we are just the tip of the iceberg and there are many others out there having the same problem. Hopefully someone will see a trend in the complaints and maybe check things on that end.

Hi Folks

I sent the RMC team an email about 20 minutes ago, stay tuned please - and thanks for hanging in there
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Exact same problem as terryar53. I have paid for the full version of Replay Media Catcher 4 and it was working fine until the most recent update. Now its suddenly broken. D: