Thread: Audio/video sync problem in Replay Video Capture: 4-second delay between the video and audio

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Audio/video sync problem in Replay Video Capture: 4-second delay between the video and audio

I just installed Replay Video Capture on my laptop. It records great, BUT there is a 4-second delay between the video and audio. How can I remedy this? I'm using Windows Vista, btw.

Default Re: Audio/video sync problem in Replay Video Capture: 4-second delay between the video and audio

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capture - - try the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Please give this a try for me, and let me know if this makes a difference.

Default Re: Audio/video sync problem in Replay Video Capture: 4-second delay between the video and audio

To add onto what Cheryl suggested (please do follow her instructions) - if you're still having problems AFTER this, I would like you to go into the Settings of Replay Video Capture by clicking the "Settings" button, then click the "Audio Setup/Test button."

We are interested in what is listed under the Audio Sources. Is there anything there besides the Universal Audio Driver?

If so, when each of the other options are selected, is there a "Wave," "Stereo Mix," "What-U-Hear" or anything along those lines listed under "Audio Inputs" (The colum just to the right)? For example, My Audio Inputs says Stereo Mix, Line-In, Microphone and a few others..

Looking forward to your response.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

First of all, thank you for your reponses.

I tried using a smaller screen as Cheryl suggested, but I am still experiencing the sync-issue.

Regarding my options listed under Audio Sources, my options are as follows:

1. Rec Playback (IDT High Definition)
    2. Microphone Line-In (High Definition)
    3. Microphone Array (High Definition)

I'm using Vista, so the box indication Vista Recording is checked. However, I have un-checked it and tried the other above-mentioned options to see if anything else would work, but I still have the same problem.

This is becoming very frustrating.

Hi M Lori

Thanks for your resposne and details. Try this audio tweak for me please.

In settings, go ahead and enable the Universal Audio Driver from SETTINGS, after that - make sure vista audio is STILL checked. Let me know if that makes a difference please

Thanks for your continued patience
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Unfortunately, it did not make any difference.