Thread: Suddently not working with the latest Slingbox firmware: Error: Unable to connect to remote Slingbox

Default Suddently not working with the latest Slingbox firmware: Error: Unable to connect to remote Slingbox

Hello-

I have not yet purchased this program, but have returned to try it out again. It used to work just fine with my slingbox, but now, all of a sudden after updating my slingbox firmware, it just keeps saying "Unable to connect to remote Slingbox."

Does this program still work with the latest firmware? If not, I'll just buy a DVR...

Default Re: Suddently not working with the latest Slingbox firmware: Error: Unable to connect to remote Slingbox

Quote Originally Posted by mrtekrar View Post
    Hello-

I have not yet purchased this program, but have returned to try it out again. It used to work just fine with my slingbox, but now, all of a sudden after updating my slingbox firmware, it just keeps saying "Unable to connect to remote Slingbox."

Does this program still work with the latest firmware? If not, I'll just buy a DVR...
    Not once have you stated what slingbox you have? Hard for people to help, if they don't know what they are trying to help with.

Default Re: Suddently not working with the latest Slingbox firmware: Error: Unable to connect to remote Slingbox

Thank you for reminding me, nuke. I am actually not sure which slingbox I have, but I know it is not HD, and not PRO. Pretty sure it is either SOLO, AV, or CLASSIC.

Either way, I didn't think my question depended upon which box I have: ALR (at least the demo) worked with my slingbox before I updated the firmware and doesn't work after I updated it. I re-downloaded the demo to make sure and it does not connect to my slingbox.

Does ALR work with the latest firmware?

Ok, don't expect many replies. You seem to think the firmware(s) for all the different Slingboxes work the same way and have the same positive & negative effects.

Okay I can confirm it is a slingbox solo.

Boy, what great support applian has! Makes me really want to dish out $70 for their program...

This is a forum for everyone and not for tech support. We answer here when we can but if you want technical support you need to contact tech support for a fast response. We have not updated the program for the latest Slingbox and it might not work with it.

A suggestion is to go in the settngs of the program and set it to use the default and then try again. Thanks. Also, if you do need assistance contact tech support. Thanks.