Thread: Replay Media Catcher window disappeared

Default Replay Media Catcher window disappeared

Help...suddenly my newly installed RMC4 64 bit downloaded as the latest 64 bit version from the applain website which I installed on a new 64bit Windows 7 operating system has just stopped working...It starts by showing the splash screen, but then nothing...the process is still running but nothing visible and I can stop the process OK...I have uninstalled, rebooted and installed it again...3 times and its the same result each time...HELP...I need it working ASAP

thanks,

fosssil

PS...edit..forgot to mention the first time it disappeared it was my applain registered copy, however I cannot now get to the registration page...
    Last edited by fosssil; 11-01-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Default Re: Aaargh...whats happened!!!

Hello..well it only took 10 minutes to realize that somehow I either told RMC to or RMC did by itself, minimizing to tray...I have left the post here incase someone else does what I did..

fosss

Default Re: Aaargh...whats happened!!!

Hi,

Just started using RMC and have been able to down load some TV shows...but I have problem that's occured both today and yesterday while using it. The RMC window disappears....and no, it is not in the tray either...and yet I know the process is still running...i.e. but now way to turn it off or see what it's doing....I'm hoping there's way to recover the RMC window on a running process....Otherwise I'd have to restart windows...i.e. try and guess which process it is and kill it in the task manager....BTW when I use the director to restart RMC it say it can't because there's one already running...Anyone else had this experience? Anyone found a handy way of handling this?

Thanks,
    Charles

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher window disappeared

Hi,

I'm answering my own thread...I tried killing the process in the Task Manager and then restarting RMC from the the Director...this seemed to work fine....the process was easier to find in the Task Manager then I thought...i.e. so this way seems to be easy enough although I wouldn't end the process until after I'm sure it's finished streaming the last file it was working on...the only way to tell is to look and see the output file in the windows explorer.

Charles

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher window disappeared

Replay Media Catcher is in your hidden icon tray on the bottom right of your computer. Please make sure you have the latest update of Replay Media Catcher.
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-catcher/demo.php

In the latest version you can select to hide icon in your system tray. Hide Task Bar Icon when Minimized will send hide the program icon in the task bar when the program is minimized. You can restore the program from the icon in the system tray.
    Here is a link to this section of the user guide:
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...4.php#settings