Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cannot record audio from any computer sources, ie line in, mic, speakers.

Default Re: Cannot record audio from any computer sources, ie line in, mic, speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by EdanAharony View Post
    I'm having the same problem but I can't solve it with the suggested solutions on this thread. I ran the "trouble shooting" wizard but it doesn't help. Any suggestions? Why does it work fine on XP but not on 7?
    M$ and sound card manufacturers disable Stereo Mix/Wave-Out Mix in Windows 7. On my PC I have the Stereo Mix in Windows XP and Vista, but it is not available in Windows 7.

And as I mentioned above, I get the "No sound was detected on any available Audio Recording Method for this soundcard. Please update your sound driver" in Replay AV, but it records sound from my sound card anyway.

You can also try to enable Stereo Mix / Wave-Out Mix / What U Hear. Start from the following:
    On some Windows 7/Vista systems you may be able to enable a Stereo Mix, Wave-Out Mix, What U Hear recording device as follows:
    • Open Control Panel
    • In classic view, go to Sound
    • Go to the Recording tab.
    • If you only see "microphone" and/or "line-in", right-click anywhere in the blank white area of the window to display the Show Disabled Devices context menu. Select Show Disabled Devices:

• If Stereo Mix, Wave-Out Mix, Wave, What U Hear, or something similar appears, do a little happy-dance, then right click on that entry and choose enable:

• Click OK - In the case of the example above, we have just enabled the "Stereo Mix" recording device. Keep in mind this is dependent upon your sound card hardware and drivers. You may or may not have this line available.
    • To make this newly enabled device the default recording device, highlight it and click the Set Default button, or right-click on the device and select make default:

If you were able to successfully enable a recording device, select the appropriate audio device and audio recording line prior to recording with a sound recorder.

Default Re: Cannot record audio from any computer sources, ie line in, mic, speakers.

Rats, I saw this thread and went and tried my Rhapsody, can't get Rhapsody to work, it use to work fine. Trying to record from speakers. RealTek issue? EdanAharony, divad, if you have any luck please post to this thread.

The ideal program to use for Rhapsody is Replay Music. This is due to how they stream.

"The ideal program to use for Rhapsody is Replay Music, This is due to how they stream." Well that might be if your recording from the stream, but I have been for quite a long time recording from my speakers without a problem. Does recording from speakers have anything to do with their stream? I've been thinking if I hear it out of my speakers I should be able to use the record from speakers selection. Any comments would be welcome.