Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to extract MP3 and AAC audio from FLV files losslessly (without re-encoding) using Replay Media Catcher 4

Default Re: how to extract MP3 and AAC audio from FLV files losslessly (without re-encoding) using Replay Media Catcher 4

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Edit the m4a, m4b convertsion presets (or just clone them and use new ones). Use MP4 as the output format (instead of m4b) as I mentioned above:
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread...0097#post20097
    Oops, I can't believe I failed to check that before posting, sorry! Having made the change I can now convert to M4B without any errors, thanks. However, this is where things get really weird...

I currently have Winamp as my default music player, so am using it to check the files before loading them into iTunes. Even after changing the preset, the M4As produced by RMC sound distorted but the ones I create manually sound OK. Winamp won't even play the M4Bs so I tried them in Windows Media Player and they sound OK.... and so did the M4As when I tried them as well! Goodness knows whether the problem is in the creation or the playback of these files but it looks like it's time to ditch Winamp and conform to the almighty will of Microsoft.

Default Re: how to extract MP3 and AAC audio from FLV files losslessly (without re-encoding) using Replay Media Catcher 4

Quote Originally Posted by Radiograbber View Post
    I currently have Winamp as my default music player, so am using it to check the files before loading them into iTunes. Even after changing the preset, the M4As produced by RMC sound distorted but the ones I create manually sound OK. Winamp won't even play the M4Bs so I tried them in Windows Media Player and they sound OK.... and so did the M4As when I tried them as well! Goodness knows whether the problem is in the creation or the playback of these files but it looks like it's time to ditch Winamp and conform to the almighty will of Microsoft.
    I can't play it with winamp as well. But I can play these M4A and M4B files in AIMP, VLC and KMPlayer. Don't really know whether I did something wrong or it is related to winamp only.

Do you have any problem playing these M4A or M4B files in iTunes or on an iPod/iPhone?

Ah, well I didn't actually get that far. In the end I deleted the offending files and went back to manually extracting the AAC stream and making the M4A files myself as I felt happier doing it this way. In fact, I've even reverted to using RMC3 as I noticed some distortion in the FLV files created by RM4. Just haven't found time to test this properly and post here about it.

Hmm, I may have imagined the distortion, as the files I've just downloaded (and manually made into M4A) while experimenting with the rtmp plugin sound fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiograbber View Post
    Hmm, I may have imagined the distortion, as the files I've just downloaded (and manually made into M4A) while experimenting with the rtmp plugin sound fine.
    Thank you for letting me know. Hope to see more feedback from other users to make sure my suggestion was correct