Thread: Why is "Super Download" limited to 60 mins?

Default Why is "Super Download" limited to 60 mins?

I've been using both RMC 3 and 4 for quite a while. More and more, the audio programs I want to download are longer than 60 minutes, and are often two hours or more--Prairie Home Companion, BBC London's Danny Baker, WAMU's Hot Jazz Saturday Night. Is there a technical reason Super Download is limited to 60 minutes? I'd love to be able to download these streams quickly, as opposed to almost real time. Or is it a legal reason?

Default Re: Why is "Super Download" limited to 60 mins?

ive been wondering the same thing because so much stuff i over the 60. ive seen people talking about "tweaking" the 60 minute time and id love to know how to do it, but i dont have a clue.

Another new release and still no fix for the stupid limitation to exactly 60 mins for super download - which makes it impossible to download hour long shows that are even a whisker over the hour. RMC3.11 was good for about 80 mins in super download - which is ample to capture the 65 mins or so many hour long shows run.

RMC4 is as good as useless for anything over 30 minute slots - fix this please! - just give us back the option to turn super download on & off like it used to be.( or extend by a few minutes)

Anybody from Applian actually reading this forum ?

i find it kind of rude that applian staff have responded to other posts since this one was posted, and have chosen to ignore this one..... if you dont know the answer then come and say I DONT KNOW . it seems to me that every time the answers not known the question either gets ignored or another applian product gets recomended.,

I agree with the consensus that Applian should answer the question why Super Download is limited. If they don’t know then admit it. If they do know then answer the question. Better yet, turn it loose and let us all overload our hard drives at will. Applian please participate in this discussion that is relevant to your product and those of us who stepped up with the additional $$$ thinking we were buying into a better and more productive application.

We have let the developer know about this request. If it can be done I'm sure it will be. Perhaps in a future update.