Thread: Must Connect to the Internet?

Default Must Connect to the Internet?

Why does Replay Converter all of a sudden need to connect to the internet to authorize my registration? I am travelling abroad and can not connect my computer via the normal means on the networks that are available to me. I am running Version 4.05 06-19-2010. If I can't resolve this then I regret having purchased the entire suite, much less the stand alone converter.

Default Re: Must Connect to the Internet?

The program is checking for a valid activation code. That is why it needs the Internet.

Of course it is! That's what it says it is doing. It never seemed to do this before, and I'm sure that I converted many several files while not connected before it started doing this. This feature makes it impossible to use in my case. Is there a work around?

Quote Originally Posted by imbranato View Post
    Of course it is! That's what it says it is doing. It never seemed to do this before, and I'm sure that I converted many several files while not connected before it started doing this. This feature makes it impossible to use in my case. Is there a work around?
    Are you getting this prompt randomly, or only when you launch the program for the first time? Ever since I can remember, ALL of our programs have ALWAYS verified registration via the interweb...

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I get the prompt every time now.

After the initial install and entering my registration code, I did many conversions and only I occasionally connected to the internet. During this time I was never prompted to connect. I mentioned that I paid for the suite, so I am trying to use Capture to make files, but it is way less than ideal. By the way, Capture does not try to connect to the internet for me, and neither does Media Splitter or Replay Player. Is there a stand alone version that I can download that will not try to connect?

- Stuck with no way to make playable movies on my iPhone.