Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message when trying to install RMC 4: Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation

Default Message when trying to install RMC 4: Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation

Error 1001. Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Applian Technologies\Replay Media Catcher 4\ainstaller.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..
    === Logging stopped: 9/11/2010 15:31:16 ===
    Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Message when trying to install RMC4.09

Hey Chanter

Please UN-install RMC4 completely. If it's not installed yet, please go into your program files and delete the FOLDER. Once done - reboot your PC, and attempt to install it again please.

Let us know if this helps!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Message when trying to install RMC4.09: Error 1001. Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation

ok Jeff I did that and rebooted and tryed to reinstall new download from your site and still I get the message. I have 4.08 installed on my laptop and love it. ok I have it installed now thanks Jeff.
    Last edited by Chanter58; 09-11-2010 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Message when trying to install RMC4.09: Error 1001. Error 1001: Exception occurred while initializing the installation

How did you resolve this issue. I have tried everything and it still comes up with that message. ??

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME STEP BY STEP HOW TO GET THESE ERRORS OUT OF MY COMPUTER ?
    PLEASE EXPLAIN ON THIS FORUM
    I'VE TRIED TO REMOVE RMC4 BY SIMPLY UNINSTALLING AND I'VE GONE FROM ERROR 1001 TO THE 1 STATED ABOVE..
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU ALLOW A PROGRAM TO BE THIS DEFECTIVE UPON UNINSTALL????????

Hi Chris

I'll look into this with our RMC team - somebody should follow up shortly.

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Hi,
    Please uninstall first using Add/Remove programs (if you can) or a repair via Add/Remove programs to your machine back to the correct state so you can install. Use your Add/Remove Programs applet to find the version number.

Then download the installer MSI for that version.
    Replay Media Catcher 4.0.17
    http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Appli.../RMC.Setup.msi

http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Appli...CX64.Setup.msi

Replay Media Catcher 4..0.19

Then right mouse click it and select Repair from the menu. If it says something about the version not existing or a new/older version is installed then you have downloaded the wrong one so recheck and try another one.

Once you have the right one it should restore all the files you deleted.

Once that is done use the Add/Remove programs to uninstall the application and then reboot.

Your machine should now be in a clean state to install the latest version.

Its also possible that .NET 2.0 is not installed correctly. This article from the Microsoft Knowledge Base explains how to repair an existing installation of the .NET Framework:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

Try installing Replay Media Catcher again after completing the .NET repair.

I currently have Version 4.0.10 installed and I'm having a very similar problem. None of the msi's you posted helped because they're of a different version. During installation, your installer keeps telling me that the network resource in c:\......\.......msi cannot be found. The directory to which the message refers doesn't even exist. And there's nowhere in my computer where I can find the .msi file in question (did a search, including all hidden and system directory). So, now I can't even update. It's really frustrating.

Hi Justin

Looking into this now - thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Hi,
    To install using the msi link, you want can replace the version number that you are using. For Replay Media Catcher 4.0.10, here is the msi: