Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay Music problem - I'm having a Problem tagging some songs

Default Replay Music problem - I'm having a Problem tagging some songs

Hi.

I have been using Replay Music for a couple of years. I have successfully recorded many songs, mostly off of Pandora. I don't use it all the time, when someone in the family gets interested we record a bunch of stuff and then it sits. When my 13 year old got an ipod recently and began trying to record, we have not had any success with tagging and recognizing.

We can record a few dozen songs at a time and have none of them recognized. I updated the software to the current version, I checked Windows Firewall and checked other settings as recommended. Using Pandora, it doesn't tag anything. With Grooveshark (a recommended source) it recognizes about 1 in 10 songs. This isn't obscure stuff, this is what young teens are listening to (Radio Disney, Linkin Park, All Star Weekend, etc.)

What can I do?

Thanks.

B.

Default Re: Tagging

I have the same problem with v 3.98. & Rhapsody. I wonder if it really matters what the source is? I turned a request at the tech support page. Based on what I've read, I don't hold out much hope that Applian will actually get it fixed.

Default Re: Tagging

I don't think they actually work on anything. The tagging issue is widespread and unabated. It seems as though they never have any problems getting it to work on their own machines, so it must be our fault. Maybe it is. Perhaps a newly installed OS with no protection from the outside world? Who knows? It would be nice if the support staff would tell us what they are running the software on, or what ideal conditions must be met.

Default Re: Problem tagging some songs

Replay Music can tag the most popular songs only. If some of your songs are being tagged properly, then the problem is that the database doesn't contain your songs.

Also, if a song is new it takes about 30 days or so to get it in the database.

My Replay Music is not tagging songs with my Spotify. I tried everything you posted here but there is no way i get it...

What kind of music are you trying to record? Thanks.

Dance hits, as Davif Guetta and this kind of music.

There are some types of songs that it is very difficult to tag. An example would be classical music due to the instrumental. Also, it does take around a month for new songs to get into the database.

I'm on day one of the trial and so far I'm underwhelmed. If the tagging database is as poor as it seems then this isn't for me. Funny but I don't think "Stairway to Heaven" and "Disarm" by Smashing Pumpkins (1994) are obscure and they've had plenty of time to get in the database. Right now I'm running about 75% correct but that isn't good enough to be worthwhile.