Thread: Is this a discussion forum or an advertising site?

Default Is this a discussion forum or an advertising site?

Lots of people are having trouble recording iplayer and we are not seeing much in the way of help (or even the problems being acknowledged at he moment)

Meanwhile someone is repeatedly using this forum to try and sell a product called WMrecorder which looks like it is being sold by Applian.

I don't want to read commercials for other products - I want help and information about the ones I have bought and paid for.

Could somebody from Applian please comment on this. If you sell WMrecorder and it solves the problems why can't we be granted licenses (or at least get a very good deal)

Why can't RMC be fixed -it uses to work just fine- I don't see why we should need anything else.

And finally the moderators shouldn't allow constant commercials for other products on a Media Catcher forum.

Default Re: Is this a discussion forum or an advertising site?

Hi Riv-Dogg

We are aware that Replay Media Catcher version 4 behaves differently than the previous version with BBC iPlayer.

The developer is working on improving your recording experience when using BBC iPlayer.

We appreciate your patience. In the meantime, if you’ve upgraded from version 3, feel free to keep version 3 on your computer and use that for your BBC recordings.

The two versions can co-exist on the same computer.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Is this a discussion forum or an advertising site?

... and version 3 doesn't work correctly either anymore. See: https://forum.applian.com//showthrea...ms-new-problem.