Thread: Network adapter service "applian network driver" causes %100 CPU utilization

Default Network adapter service "applian network driver" causes %100 CPU utilization

Version 4 is not working correctly when trying to record BBC iPlayer. However there seems to be a greater issue. (I am assuming applian network driver has been added from version 4 as I never saw it before)

when applian network driver is checked there is very high cpu (often %100).
    The process user of this high cpu is SYSTEM (NT and Kernal).

I have had to uncheck this service in order to get a working PC again.

I did create a ticket but I think it got mixed up with a server issue that you had so I though I'd post here and see if anyone had any ideas?

cheers

Default Re: Network adapter service "applian network driver" causes %100 CPU utilization

Please see if an uninstall and a reinstall corrects this issue for you. If it doesn't make sure and attach a log file to your ticket that you have submitted.

Default Re: Network adapter service "applian network driver" causes %100 CPU utilization

Reinstall has helped. Average CPU for SYSTEM has gone from over 50% to 7%.
    this rises to around 11% when RMC 4 is actually running.
    Interestingly this 7% is always there as overhead even when there is nothing else of significance running. (Btw System is <0.6% when applian network driver is unchecked)

Does this mean we should disable this service as a matter of course when RMC4 is not being used?

Re BBC recording I will try this overnight. What I have seen so far is that it it stops unless the window is actually playing. I think maybe you alluded to this in your previous post. However this is not required with wmrecorder so why with the newer RMC4 I wonder.

will come back with the results of the overnight record/convert.

Cheers

CPU hit 100%. A few times but that is to be expected so it seems the re install worked.

Also changing port 80 to RTMP instead of http as suggested in another thread helped to pick up streams.

Now however after 3hrs of record and convert I come to play it back on my iPad and lip synch is out by around a second or more. The audio leads the video from the off and appears to stay the same all the way through.

The flv file is perfect but the conversion Mp4 isn't.

I used iPad (mp4 h.264; 30 fps 768x576; aac). Have also use some others with the same issue.

Btw have had some success with wmrecorder and no lip sync issues there.

2.4ghz core2 laptop. audio set to vista sound.
    Last edited by user1; 07-28-2010 at 11:07 PM.

CPU raging at 100% again this morning. (includes standard apps running). System is running at average CPU of 47.75% load which is directly related to the applian nework driver process!

To be honest I don't have the time to mess with this now so best to turn it off I think.

Trying to record iplayer is painful. Audio sync issue is still there. Why this should be I don't know as the .flv file plays fine and converting after the fact with another convert works fine.

Anyways like I said I'll pick this up later probably with a ticket. .....unless next version sorts it.

Thanks

I seem to have a very similar issue, but instead of high cpu, I come back to find my system frozen instead. I definitely traced this to the RMC4 "helper" kernel driver, as the issue does not occur when I uninstalled RMC4. So there is something seriously bugged in the driver that I hope can be found and fixed soon (if not already in the new 4.0.1.1 I am scared to try now).