Thread: 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone in Replay Media Catcher 4

Default 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone in Replay Media Catcher 4

I have had to go back to version 3.11 as:

'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone? v4 records in real time as opposed to really quickly in 3.11. (unless I have missed some tick box)

Default Re: 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone in Replay Media Catcher 4

Videos from what web-sites used to be downloaded faster with RMC 3.11? Any particular URLs to the web-pages?

If you go to the "Settings" -> "RTMP download tweaks" do you have the "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)" unchecked?

Default Re: 'Enable Super Download' as in 3.11 seems to have gone in Replay Media Catcher 4

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Videos from what web-sites used to be downloaded faster with RMC 3.11? Any particular URLs to the web-pages?

If you go to the "Settings" -> "RTMP download tweaks" do you have the "Always record RTMP streams (instead of downloading)" unchecked?
    I am recording radio programmes from BBC. I have that box unchecked. I tried checking it and it has one positive and one negative effect. The negative is that not only does it record at the same speed as the programme but you can not come out of the current recording and start another. The only positive thing is that with the box checked the full programme name seems to appear as opposed to 8 useless digits when the box is unchecked - so far I see no improvement whatsoever on 3.11 except scheduling and the look of it - so its cosmetices really. Why was the 'enable super download' facility removed. It was a great feature and why are programme names gone.

Please post a particular link to a BBC radio program.

The changes are significant:
    1. You can capture RTMP streams instead as well as download them
    2. No more browser crashes
    3. Scheduler
    4. Much much better support of Windows Media and Real Media streams
    5. Much easier to convert files

Never used the 'Enable Super Download' feature, since it didn't allow to record videos longer than 60 minutes. And switching back and forth was not very fast.

Any program will do - try this one:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qgt7 - the press LISTEN NOW.

The 'Enable Super Download' feature is fantastic in 3.11. Almost all my recordings are under 60 minutes and I have seen others on this forum extol the virtues of this facility. In fact I think it was one of your staff who pointed the feature out to me as a useful facility. My 3.11 never crashed as long as you opened it from the file menu. File conversion was never difficult and the programme name issue in 4.0 is something that needs fixing before making it 'fit for purpose'.

I will not ask for a refund so I will keep 3.11 and 4.0 hoping that 4.0 will once again have these features reinstated one day.