Thread: Songs too loud for Replay music??

Default Songs too loud for Replay music??

Hi there,

I have an ongoing problem with replay music recording from spotify. A number of tracks stop or skip while recording on replay music (although the track continues to play through fine on spotify). Having played around with it, it seems like it is the louder parts of the tracks that cause the skipping and quieter tracks record without problems. Does this make sense to anyone? I've had no problems in the past. I recently had to reinstall a few things when my computer got a virus, including replay music. I am running avast but not much else.
    Please help! I know next to nothing about computers but I 'm a huge music fan.
    thanks, shelia

Default Re: Songs too loud for Replay music??

See what happens when you set it for normalize. You do this in the settings. Also, in the output tab, make sure the volume is set just a little to the left of the center.

Its better to set it to not normalize. You'll get better sound quality. Set the spotify volume meter (bottom left) to 50% . This should solve your problem. They amplify all their music 5% before streaming it.

edit note: Sorry, I realized this only works in Linux,, I really apologize for that
    Last edited by questionasker; 08-05-2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: misinformation

Don't normalize the output on Spotify software or you'll get lower sound quality!

In order to get the best from Replay music : play a loud track on Spotify (metal for ex), put Spotify's volume meter to the max and then take a look at the volume animation on Replay .
    You'll have to adjust the volume meter within Replay's settings in order to avoid being at the max (the volume animation must not reach the right even at the track's loudest).

Doing this you'll avoid saturation.

Bye.