Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

Question Error message.. can anyone help?

I am also facing a problem with freecorder 4 version. I had uninstalled the older version which i used to record and play the media files. Now i have tried to install the new freecorder 4 version and i got the message freecorder successfully installed in your computer. but when i try to download any movies, i am unable to record it, instead i get a message " free corder set up is not running. reinstall the freecorder toolbar" or a message which means the same. i have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar on my computer, but the result is the very same. I am using an XP system with 32bits. pls look into the matter and help me to resolve my problem.
    Toms
    Last edited by tomspa; 05-20-2011 at 12:32 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Question I am unable to download movies...pls help

I am facing a problem with freecorder 4 version. I had been using an older version to the new freecorder 4. I was not facing any problems with that version. But for installing the newer version, I had uninstalled the older version which i used to record and play the media files. Now i have tried to install the new freecorder 4 version and i got the message "The freecorder is successfully installed in your computer". but when i try to download any movies, i am unable to record it, instead i get an error message " The freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" or a message which means the same. i have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar on my computer, but the result is the very same. I am using an XP system with 32bits. pls look into the matter and help me to resolve my problem.

Toms
    Last edited by tomspa; 05-20-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: editing message

Question The freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar

I am facing a problem with freecorder 4 version. I had been using an older version previously before coming to the new freecorder 4. I was not facing any problems with that older version, since I was absolutely able to downlaod and record movies from the sites i open. But for installing the newer version, I had uninstalled the older version which i used to record and play the media files and now i have tried to install the new freecorder 4 version and i got the message "The freecorder is successfully installed in your computer". but when i try to download any movies, i am unable to record it, instead i get an error message " The freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" or a message which means the same. i have tried several times uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar on my computer, but the result is the very same. I am using an XP system with 32bits. pls look into the matter and help me to resolve my problem.

Toms

Default Re: The freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar

If you've re-installed and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

To confirm that this is the problem, try to run FLVSrvce.exe manually. You’ll find it in C:Program FilesFreecorder. Double-click the FLVSrvce.exe file. If your security software complains, then you should give the file permission to run. It may not notify you so, add it manually anyway. Once you’ve done so, run FLVSrvce.exe again and check the Task Manager for the running process (processes tab) it should now be present and running. And your video history tool should no longer error.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

If you are facing difficulties in accessing of flv files due to errors then it may be possible that the existing copy is unusable or corrupted. In order to correct the file error you will need to perform flv repair task. You should use third party FLV repair tool to correct the entire situation. It is pretty sure that after using that tool you will become able to access your flv videos.

Default Re: Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

Regarding "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" I have the same problem but when I clear that message down and click on the Video History Tool again it runs OK. I do nothing else. However, it is a nuisance as I haven't any history to that point.
    It obviously is not starting up when it should. Is there a solution?
    I'm running XPSP3 and the preferred browser is Firefox. (I can never figure out why Applian and others launch IE even though Firefox is already running. IE is total crap).

Quote Originally Posted by malaus1 View Post
    Regarding "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar" I have the same problem but when I clear that message down and click on the Video History Tool again it runs OK. I do nothing else. However, it is a nuisance as I haven't any history to that point.
    It obviously is not starting up when it should. Is there a solution?
    I'm running XPSP3 and the preferred browser is Firefox. (I can never figure out why Applian and others launch IE even though Firefox is already running. IE is total crap).
    If you've re-installed AS the error suggested, and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

To confirm that this is the problem, try to run FLVSrvce.exe manually. You’ll find it in C:Program FilesFreecorder. Double-click the FLVSrvce.exe file. If your security software complains, then you should give the file permission to run. It may not notify you so, add it manually anyway. Once you’ve done so, run FLVSrvce.exe again and check the Task Manager for the running process (processes tab) it should now be present and running. And your video history tool should no longer error.

Let me know if this helps! :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    If you've re-installed AS the error suggested, and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

Let me know if this helps! :-)
    Sorry Jeff, you probably didn't understand my comments. The .exe file must be starting OK as I simply clear the message and re click on the icon and all is good. It's the first click on the icon that I get the error message and no capture up to that point.