Thread: Recording all calls without UI interaction

Default Recording all calls without UI interaction

I use an old laptop as a dedicated skype computer and an USB box to route skype calls through standard cordless phones. I want to set Replay Telecorder to record all skype calls without requiring that I go to the laptop and start the recording for each one. How can I tell the software to do this? Thanks...

Default Re: Recording all calls without UI interaction

I'm afraid the program is not going to be able to do this. At this time you need to select for it to record or it won't record. Thanks.

Can it hear a tone from the handset and use that to trigger the on/off toggle rather than a mouse click? Is there any macro capability that would let me program that? (This is not a complex operation, it's just toggling something on-and-off... but...)

Not to my knowledge at this time. You do need to be there to start the recording. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Not to my knowledge at this time. You do need to be there to start the recording. Thanks.
    OK. This sounds like it was engineered for people who use skype only from a computer. As we all know, skype is having more impact than that. Expecting everyone to be at the keyboard may have made sense a few years ago, but not now. I realize it's not your fault, but now I regret having bought the product. This is not some super-advanced feature, it's pretty basic actually. The idea that you cannot auto-record all calls and/or toggle the recording on and off without being in front of the computer is pretty primitive for modern times. But thanks for answering the question...