Thread: How does it work? Any way to add freecorder input into recording options of other programs?

Question How does it work? Any way to add freecorder input into recording options of other programs?

I've searched high and low and can't find anything about how it actually records the audio. I have a crappy soundcard which doesn't allow "what U hear" functions or basically recording without a mic, so how does freecorder do it? Is it a process or something, and is there any way to add this to audio options in a second program e.g. I'm using a screen recorder (dell webcam central-allows screen recording) but it only allows mic. input, can i somehow manually add freecorder from speaker (or whatever its called) recording as an input device (if that makes sense)?

!!Help would be EXTREMELY appreciated as i've litteraly been searching for almost half a year

Default Re: How does it work? Any way to add freecorder input into recording options of other programs?

You can record video from screen with audio using Replay Video Capture. It uses the same audio driver as Freecorder 4. Many other Applian program use the driver as well, but Freecorder 4 can't redirect sound to other programs for recording.

Other options:
    - Find a way to get stereo mix / wave-out mix / what u hear by installing official / alternative / hacked drivers
    - Get another sound card that has stereo mix / wave-out mix / what u hear
    - Use Linux or Mac OS instead of Windows
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

Default Re: How does it work? Any way to add freecorder input into recording options of other programs?

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    You can record video from screen with audio using Replay Video Capture. It uses the same audio driver as Freecorder 4. Many other Applian program use the driver as well, but Freecorder 4 can't redirect sound to other programs for recording.

Other options:
    - Find a way to get stereo mix / wave-out mix / what u hear by installing official / alternative / hacked drivers
    - Get another sound card that has stereo mix / wave-out mix / what u hear
    - Use Linux or Mac OS instead of Windows
    Thanks for the explanation and info, I think I'll try the alternate hacked driver thing first...