Thread: Capturing Internet Sporting Events

Default Capturing Internet Sporting Events

I have purchased Replay A/V and it works as expected on internet radio broadcasts.

However, sometimes I wish to record a broadcast (audio) of an internet sporting event, because I'm not home at my computer when the event is broadcast. The problem is that for most Internet broadcasts of sporting events, the link isn't available until the start of the broadcast. In other words, if I want to record a broadcast that starts at 7:45pm, and I am leaving the house an hour earlier, I don't know the URL of the broadcast. I can only find out the URL at 7:45pm, and not earlier.

Is there a way to do record these broadcasts with Replay A/V or any other Applian product (or even non-Applian product)?

Thanks!

Default Re: Capturing Internet Sporting Events

If you don't have the URL then you might be able to set it up for audio capture if you know the page that it goes on. Give that a try. You would use the Replay AV Audio Driver for this.

Default Re: Capturing Internet Sporting Events

Thanks, Cheryl, but I'm guessing there really isn't a way to get this to work. For example:
    http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/li...EM_ID=100&KEY=

Today, I can listen to Nebraska Cornhuskers baseball today at 6:00pm central time, but as you can see, the web page says clearly "Link available at start time". So, if I'm not in the house at my computer at 6pm central, I don't have a link, and there's nothing at this particular page that plays audio. It just gives you the link.

So if there is a way to record this audio with Replay A/V or other product, I guess I'd need a lot more detail to get it to work.