Thread: no longer able to stream capture BBC videos

Exclamation no longer able to stream capture BBC videos

Up until last Friday, we were quite happily using Media Catcher to record videos from various websites including BBC.CO.UK and REUTERS.COM

1. Launch Media Catcher
    2. START RECORDING
    3. Launch browser (in this case Firefox)
    4. Play video

Media Catcher would capture the stream without issue.

However, for some reason, after the weekend capturing video streams is no longer working (using steps outlined above)

I have had this problem in the past, and the only way round this is to completely un-install/re-install .....which really is not something I want to be doing every time this problem occurs.

Has anyone come across this before and resolved it, if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

Red face Re: Media Catcher has stopped working

I've got the same problem too but I've got a few more details to add in case that might help anyone with an answer

I'm mostly using it for the BBC's website. Audio downloads work OK, it's the video ones which seem to be the problem since the weekend.

Enabling Web Stream Dumper (Tools - Settings - Plugins window) worked for a few downloads but not all. At best I was able to down a few one at a time whereas last week I could stream several simultaneously.

Under properties for a failed download it reads:

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 15
    m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed."
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 912

This was for the following URL - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_2_Episode_7/

I was suspecting that the Beeb had changed its streaming set-up to stop these kinds of downloads but if it's also happened on several other services perhaps Adobe have done a new security patch for Flash?

Default Re: Media Catcher has stopped working

BBC is now using SWF verification. These can no longer be stream captured and you will need to use Replay Video Capture.

Quote Originally Posted by popplestone View Post
    I've got the same problem too but I've got a few more details to add in case that might help anyone with an answer

I'm mostly using it for the BBC's website. Audio downloads work OK, it's the video ones which seem to be the problem since the weekend.

Enabling Web Stream Dumper (Tools - Settings - Plugins window) worked for a few downloads but not all. At best I was able to down a few one at a time whereas last week I could stream several simultaneously.

Under properties for a failed download it reads:

Internal error while trying to download RTMP stream
    Exception:
    m_nErrType = 15
    m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed."
    m_strFile = F:\proj32\TestRTMPClient\RTMPStreamRip.cpp
    m_nLineNumber = 912

This was for the following URL - http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...s_2_Episode_7/

I was suspecting that the Beeb had changed its streaming set-up to stop these kinds of downloads but if it's also happened on several other services perhaps Adobe have done a new security patch for Flash?
    d

I recieved the same error "m_strDesc = "SWF Verification detected -- Sorry, these RTMP connections are not allowed to be analyzed." when I try to download video, which was working before. I would like to know if there is any update/development from Replay Media Catcher since I was able to download another video stream ripper software to try it out. That software does not have issue to download SWF. I know I can use Replay Video Capture instead. However, Replay Video Capture needs resize the window before capturing, which consumes more time to get it work.

Not having a problem with BBC capture - strange.

Just in case, which alternative capture program did you use?