Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording in HD (black screen problem when recording Blu-Ray from PowerDVD)?

Default Recording in HD (black screen problem when recording Blu-Ray from PowerDVD)?

What is the best way to record a Blu-ray movie? Should I just use the .mpg format with the highest bitrate and frame rate? Or is the .wmv format better for getting the highest resolution possible?

Default Re: Recording in HD?

It has to be your personal choice as to what you feel looks and sounds the best. Rememer as a screen capture program itis going to record what it sees and not from the stream itself.

MPEG-2 is less resource intensive, so you will get higher resolution with it.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

I tried to record a Blu-Ray, but it only recorded the audio with a black screen. I was playing the movie in Windows Media Center via PoweverDVD DX. I disabled the video acceleration as the Hints advised, but I still got a black screen. The hints also suggest disabling hardware acceleration, but I could not find this setting. I'm using Windows 7.

Any ideas?

Try a different player and see if that corrects the issue for you.

Default Re: Recording in HD (black screen problem when recording Blu-Ray from PowerDVD)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I tried to record a Blu-Ray, but it only recorded the audio with a black screen. I was playing the movie in Windows Media Center via PoweverDVD DX. I disabled the video acceleration as the Hints advised, but I still got a black screen. The hints also suggest disabling hardware acceleration, but I could not find this setting. I'm using Windows 7.
    This problem is indeed related to your player. Even when you disable video acceleration, it is not disabled when you play Blu-Ray discs with PowerDVD, WinDVD,...
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Default Re: Recording in HD (black screen problem when recording Blu-Ray from PowerDVD)?

I am having the same problem with the black screen. However, I have XP, playing regular dvd's. I've tried to play through Windows Media, Power DVD, Real. I chkd the video acceleration per the directions and still a black screen. I also did the right click on the desktop and adjusted the settings per your website and that REALLY screwed up my monitor. Yesterday, I had picture, but no sound. I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out the problem and spent $40 for a driver program to upgrade the audio driver. Now no sound.

Quote Originally Posted by i95em View Post
    I am having the same problem with the black screen. However, I have XP, playing regular dvd's. I've tried to play through Windows Media, Power DVD, Real. I chkd the video acceleration per the directions and still a black screen.
    DVD is not a problem. You can use freeware VLC player and other players. And you can disable video acceleration in Windows Media Player.

I also did the right click on the desktop and adjusted the settings per your website and that REALLY screwed up my monitor.
    What settings are you referring to? Please post a link. And what exactly was the problem with your monitor?

Yesterday, I had picture, but no sound. I spent a great deal of time trying to figure out the problem and spent $40 for a driver program to upgrade the audio driver. Now no sound.
    I always recommend not to buy any driver programs. They can mess up you system. Drivers should be downloaded from the web-sites of hardware manufacturers!

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post

Any ideas?
    Try Nero's Showtime Player or VLC Player or, any media player however you need AnyDVD running in the background. it should record blu-ray video & audio using Replay Video Capture.
    Last edited by MatthewC1000; 06-10-2010 at 05:51 AM.

You should be able to use AnyDVD with any other player as well, including PowerDVD, WinDVD. When using AnyDVD, one shouldn't have any problems recording.