Thread: Using freecorder From Line in

Default Using freecorder From Line in

Hi. I have managed to use freecorder from line in. Although I could hear music through my speakers it would not record until I had checked the box 'use vista technology to record' but my friend who has xp does not have that option, as it is greyed out, of course. Is there any way of recording from line in using xp. thank you

Default Re: Using freecorder From Line in

Quote Originally Posted by cloche View Post
    Hi. I have managed to use freecorder from line in. Although I could hear music through my speakers it would not record until I had checked the box 'use vista technology to record' but my friend who has xp does not have that option, as it is greyed out, of course. Is there any way of recording from line in using xp. thank you
    In Windows 7/Vista/XP "stereo mix"/"wave-out mix"/"what u hear" can be disabled by Microsoft or hardware manufacturer. Freecorder 4 can still record sound on Window 7 and Vista even without wave-out mix.

As for Windows XP, you need to provide more details, whether your friend has stereo mix or not.

Default Re: Using freecorder From Line in

I am sorry, I dont fully understand what you are saying about 'stereo mix and how to find it, the line in is a stereo pin and both his speakers are working. This was the case on my windows 7 system, until checked the box 'use vista technology to record'. thank you

Thumbs up Re: Using freecorder From Line in

I have just discovered the recording ability of W7, which was hidden, and now know what you mean by stereo mix. I will check my friends XP