Thread: Media catcher 3.0 naming everything Oops?

Question Media catcher 3.0 naming everything Oops?

Is anyone having this issue?
    Everything is now auto saved as live_feed or Oops!
    The folder Genpuid.exe is in seems to get renamed continuously so my firewall keeps verifying it's ok to proceed, but apparently not quick enough.
    Hence alot of Oops going on. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Also it sure would be nice to be able to choose a name (or accept the original) for the download prior to starting the recording. And while I'm wishing, being able to preprogram start and/or stop times would be a big plus.

Thanks for listening to me rant... lol

Quote Originally Posted by gsc_81 View Post
    Is anyone having this issue?
    Everything is now auto saved as live_feed or Oops!
    The folder Genpuid.exe is in seems to get renamed continuously so my firewall keeps verifying it's ok to proceed, but apparently not quick enough.
    Hence alot of Oops going on. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

Also it sure would be nice to be able to choose a name (or accept the original) for the download prior to starting the recording. And while I'm wishing, being able to preprogram start and/or stop times would be a big plus.

Thanks for listening to me rant... lol
    I'm using Media Catcher 3.0 and it is doing a terrible job of tagging the files at-least the mp3 files.

Hey Folks,

Make sure you're loading up media catcher 3.0 and not an older version. If you did not un-install the older version(s) first, it's possible you're clicking a link on the desktop and getting an older version still..

The new Version is tagging things much better.

To verify you're using version 3, open Media Catcher, click on "Help" (on the very top), then "about". It should say Version 3.0.0.0, Build Date Aug 11 2008.

If your version is anything else, please un-install all old versions, restart your pc, and re-install 3.0 from here: Replay Media Catcher 3.0

Let me know if this helps
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hey Folks,

Make sure you're loading up media catcher 3.0 and not an older version. If you did not un-install the older version(s) first, it's possible you're clicking a link on the desktop and getting an older version still..

To verify you're using version 3, open Media Catcher, click on "Help" (on the very top), then "about". It should say Version 3.0.0.0, Build Date Aug 11 2008.

If your version is anything else, please un-install all old versions, restart your pc, and re-install 3.0 from here: Replay Media Catcher 3.0

Mine is the 3.0 version

"Replay Media Catcher
    Version: 3.0.0.0
    Build Date: Aug 11 2008 [01:49:23]"

For example. If you try MySpace. With the old version it would do a good job of tagging the files. The new version won't even rename the track and will only tag maybe 1 out of every 10 tracks. Another site, http://www.roughstock.com/audio one specific song I captured today actually shows the artists and song title while it's capturing. When it's done it renames the track to unknown artists - unknown track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Hey Folks,

My version is Version: 3.0.0.0
    Build Date: Aug 11 2008 [01:49:23]

and I agree previous version was 200 % better at naming files.
    Perhaps if there was an option to edit the name while saving the file the field would auto populate with the current name. Now it just loses it entirely.

For what it is worth (stir the pot some) - when I use the web stream dumper, I notice:

1. When the filename ends in .tmp, the rename/lookup fails.
    2. When mp3, it works pretty good, but after more than an hour of capturing, it seems to deteriorate (try last.fm overnight, for example.)
    3. Sites that stream MP3's (Slacker.com) or M4a's (Pandora.com) work great, all of the time.