Thread: Using Google Chrome

Default Using Google Chrome

Is Replay Music set up for Chrome? I can record fine that way, but the tracks are never identified. I thought that bring up a streaming website (I've tried a couple) through IE might help, but Replay Music couldn't tell that anything was coming through the sound card that way.

Also, Applian says that you can access technical support, but it seems like all we users can really do is go around and around, specifying the product, trying for support, and ending up at this forum. That's fine (I hope!) but what's the direct link to technical support? I know very well now how to get to the page with icons for all of the products -- what I need is the link to technical support.

Default Re: Using Google Chrome

i would want to know that too.

i haven't tested it for Chrome yet.

Here is the link for tech support for Replay Music. You access it by going to our home page and selecting support-technical support. http://applian.com/help/index.php?pi...=&department=3

What are you recording from? What type of music are you recording that is not tagging.

Right now I've recorded streaming music from KPOO fm and KZSU fm. It's all blues, and maybe one time in ten Replay Music can figure out the artist and album name.

As long as we're talking about that, why can't you identify a tune by what's encoded on the mp3 file? Why do you have to convert the tune (which is streaming in mp3 format, right?) and then look up the artist info, etc?

Most radio stations will not tag. This is due to the lack of a definitive silence between the songs and the fact that they fade in and out. It works great with sites such as Pandora or Rhapsody. For radio stations we generally recommend that you use Replay AV.

I thought the tag was built into the mp3 file when it's recorded -- a few bits at the end of the tune -- not something that a radio station could add or not. Can you clarify this? Please note that, as I said, once in awhile a tune does get identified -- why would that be?

And why would Replay AV make any difference if the radio station doesn't tag the song anyway?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Arthur; 03-05-2010 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I thought the tag was built into the mp3 file when it's recorded -- a few bits at the end of the tune -- not something that a radio station could add or not. Can you clarify this? Please note that, as I said, once in awhile a tune does get identified -- why would that be?

And why would Replay AV make any difference if the radio station doesn't tag the song anyway?

Thanks!
    Replay Music record from your sound card, then it tries to identify a song.

Replay AV can download radio streams (as well as record them from sound card). I believe that Replay AV can get information about songs from Shoutcast and Icecast radio stations when it downloads music from them.

I use Chrome exclusively with Replay Music and MOG.COM daily without problems and it usually tags okay, sometimes messing up the track numbers. Overall 98% perfect.