Thread: Limit Audio Input to IE?

Default Limit Audio Input to IE?

I wonder if there's a way to limit the audio input for RVC to a single app. What I want to do is capture incoming video from Sirius but not let the sound be interrupted by various Winodws alerts.

Is this possible?

Default Re: Limit Audio Input to IE?

You need to disable the other in your windows. If you are using the universal audio there is a check mark for ignore windows sounds.

Default Re: Limit Audio Input to IE?

Thanks for the suggestion, Cheryl. I wasn't clear in my question. I wanted to instruct RVC to accept only those sounds coming from one application, like IE. Eliminating the sounds from other apps is not what I want to do, only limit the sound that RVC accepts.

For example, I have an audio-only stream capture app (Easy IQ Recorder) that permits me to select the input source from available devices. If I have more than one sound card, it allows me to choose. But it still doesn't address the issue of ignoring the sounds generated by other applications.

Windows 7 does provide support for choosing the output sound device, but as far as I can see only Media Player gives you that option. I was hoping that IE would have that kind of setting, but if it does I can't find it.