Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cannot capture justin.tv with Replay Media Catcher

Question Cannot capture justin.tv with Replay Media Catcher

Hi im no longer able to record / capture justin.tv is there a fix? it used to work fine for the longest time and now it just don't work, I tried in 3 browsers firefox ie8 and chrome,

Forgot to mention im running windows 7 ultimate 64bit with all latest updates

Default Re: justin.tv no longer able to record

Media Catcher no longer works on this site. We recommend using Replay Video Capture.

Thanks you il find an alternate capture program as screen capture is a pain when u are multitasking and have lots of open windows and trying to do other things,

Talking Re: justin.tv no longer able to record

I originally purchased Replay Media Capture, then I upgraded to the Replay Capture Suite. I must admit that some portions of the suite work fantastically, but other parts are just so, so. I suggest that if you are not able to capture certain online videos with Applian software, though it works on just about any site if you know what you are doing: Try ORBIT which is an awesome Feeware program, and its able sometime, to capture online stuff that Replay Media Capture does not "see". Of course it is not as slick as Replay Media Capture, you have to have some computer skills to use ORBIT effectively, but I'm always amazed as to how it can capture things that the Replay Media Catcher misses. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    Media Catcher no longer works on this site. We recommend using Replay Video Capture.

Tasha, I've got to say that this is more than a little bit annoying. I purchased RMC on the basis of advertisements like this:

http://all-streaming-media.com/downl...-Justin-TV.htm

which is still online as I type this, promising a seamless download of Justin TV streams by RMC. Every day, it seems that there are more and more streams that RMC just can't capture any more, although I have read that this may be due to deals that Applian has made with the proprietors of those sights. The fact that RMC can't download a Silverlight stream just doesn't make any sense technologically.

Your standard response seems to be to recommend RVC, but you can't possibly think that is as good an option. Screen capture software requires that the screen be otherwise unused while it is working, making its usefulness very limited on an HTPC. In addition, I have installed it on four separate machines, and never succeeded in getting it to recognise my audio driver. Using the "universal" driver built into it inevitably results in problems with A/V synch.

Applian needs to update RMC to work with the sites promised, or, at a minimum, remove the URLs that make those promises.

Thanks for the quoted message. I was within 30 seconds of ordering to capture Silverlight streams from our City Council broadcasts.

WalkMan

Quote Originally Posted by keith_leitch View Post
    Tasha, I've got to say that this is more than a little bit annoying. I purchased RMC on the basis of advertisements like this:

http://all-streaming-media.com/downl...-Justin-TV.htm

which is still online as I type this, promising a seamless download of Justin TV streams by RMC. Every day, it seems that there are more and more streams that RMC just can't capture any more, although I have read that this may be due to deals that Applian has made with the proprietors of those sights. The fact that RMC can't download a Silverlight stream just doesn't make any sense technologically.

Your standard response seems to be to recommend RVC, but you can't possibly think that is as good an option. Screen capture software requires that the screen be otherwise unused while it is working, making its usefulness very limited on an HTPC. In addition, I have installed it on four separate machines, and never succeeded in getting it to recognise my audio driver. Using the "universal" driver built into it inevitably results in problems with A/V synch.

Applian needs to update RMC to work with the sites promised, or, at a minimum, remove the URLs that make those promises.

We are not responsible for when sites change the way they stream. We do have Replay Video Capture for this and we also recommend that you try the demo of a program prior to purchasing to see if it meets your needs. I will let the website that still mentions this know about the changes in the way that justinTV streams. Thanks.

Thumbs up Justin.TV and recording with RMC 4.2.1

I have been very happy just using the new auth token for justin.tv recordings to stream the nearly live feeds to my Roku box Freaking awesome

Default Re: Justin.TV and recording with RMC 4.2.1

Folks... Try the following: go to Tools>Settings> HTTP Download Tweaks add the following secure site site: justin.tv file extention: flv click okay & try adding swf as well. Then go to Try the following: go to Tools>Settings> RTMP Download Tweaks make sure to checkmark: "Always record streams instead of downloading."

Best Regards.

Default Re: Justin.TV and recording with RMC 4.2.1

yeah the newest update added the auth token that JTV had added so now it can be recorded using the above settings.