Thread: freecorder cannot create uninstall data folder

Default freecorder cannot create uninstall data folder

I had Freecorder 4 and it worked fine. I then had to reinstall Windows XP on my work computer after a co-worker left the Antivirus off for over a year.

Downloaded newest Firefox and it says the freecorder toolbar is not compatible.

IE worked fine and then upgraded to IE8. After that, every time I hit record it would crash every program running except Freecorder.

I figured, no problem, uninstall and reinstall except I keep getting this error message even after deleting all of the Freecorder files and even going in under the Admin login.

"freecorder cannot create uninstall data folder: C:\Program Files\Freecorder\Uninstall"

I click OK and installation quits.

How can I get around this once I do is it possible to run Freecorder as a separate program and then open a browser?

Default Re: freecorder cannot create uninstall data folder

Answered my own question. I reinstalled Freecorder under a different User login and it worked fine. Still have issues with other programs crashing but this is only if they're running when I click record from the IE toolbar.

I would recommend using Firefox. If you do not have Firefox, installing it will be the easiest work around. There have been recent security updates from Microsoft within XP that have caused compatibility issues with IE and Freecorder/Ask & Record Toolbar.

Can ANYONE please help me to uninstall the toolbar?

I AM STILL STUCK WITH THE TOOLBAR DESPITE DOING EVERYTHING ALREADY. I HAVE READ FAQ INSTRUCTION LITERALLY OVER 10 times.
    I've followed the instruction carefully on FAQ to uninstall all of it completely. Both programs: Freecorder 4 and Toolbar are uninstalled and they not in my system anymore, however the toolbar is still there on my Firefox browser!!!

Can somebody please help me, I have tried emailing for tech support but all I get is follow the instruction on FAQ!!! (Jeff Lenney please stop referring me to FAQ again!) The cycle of helplessness never ends. Please help anyone!

Regards,

-Scott