Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to install Freecorder 4 in Firefox 3.6

Default Unable to install Freecorder 4 in Firefox 3.6

I can not seem to install Freecorder Toolbar 4 on my Firefox 3.6. I get the following error:

Freecorder toolbar 2.4.0.4 could not be installed because it is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.

Any advice or do I just need to scrap this idea and go to Microsoft IE?

Thanks.....Mark

Default Re: Firefox 3.6 Issue

Hello,

I updated Firefox to version 3.6. The Freecorder Toolbar v4 has been disabled !

Thanks for a solution.

Lucien

W7 - Firefox 3.6

Freecorder 4 has been updated to work with the latest version of Firefox. Please let me know if you continue to have trouble after installing this latest version.

Thank you for the update!

I updated Freecorder 4 per the link listed. The toolbar is disabled on Firefox 3.4.7. I had to switch to IE 8 to get it working. I use Firefox as my browser, and I'm now using IE 8 simultaneously for streaming.

I'll try upgrading to Firefox 3.6 to see what happens.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks for any assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by JGerard View Post
    I updated Freecorder 4 per the link listed. The toolbar is disabled on Firefox 3.4.7. I had to switch to IE 8 to get it working. I use Firefox as my browser, and I'm now using IE 8 simultaneously for streaming.

I'll try upgrading to Firefox 3.6 to see what happens.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks for any assistance.
    I hope have quickly an update of Freecorder v4 Now its not work with firefox 3.6 and i do not like IE

Hello,

Perhaps this may help with the Firefox 3.6 issue. I have a Dell desktop with Win7 (64-bit) and a Toshiba laptop with Win7 (32-bit). Both have the latest version of Freecorder 4 installed and working great. I upgraded the desktop to FF 3.6 the day that it was released. No problems with Freecorder 4. But when attempting to do the same with the laptop this week, I get the same message as the starter of this thread. Freecorder 4 not compatible...

So I've decided to hold off on upgrading FF for the time being. Would the 64-bit working with Freecorder4/FF 3.6, and the 32-bit not working with them be significant? Both computers have the same add-ons from FF. I am running 32-bit FF 3.6 on the desktop. Love this product; hope that this problem can be fixed soon; I also love Firefox!

Thanks,
    John

Angry Re: Unable to install Freecorder 4 in Firefox 3.6

It is April 8 2010

I am running
    Windows 7 Professional,
    Firefox 3.6.3
    IE 8

If I install Freecorder 4, it will run in Firefox only until the end of my Windows 7 session. When I reboot, Freecorder no longer appears in Firefox - unless I re-install it for that session.

Freecorder runs in IE 8, and has not (yet) been disabled between sessions BUT the Applian Audio recorder functionality is sometimes disabled

The windows audio recording technology sometimes (not always) saves a single recording as several separate, fragmentary, MP3 files

The Windows 7 Control Panel Program Compatibility Wizard reports Freecorder is incompatible with Windows 7, and no solution is available, even though it was functioning perfectly until Firefox was upgraded to V3.6.3

Default Re: Unable to install Freecorder 4 in Firefox 3.6

Running IE8 and Firefox on windows XP; toolbar installs fine in IE but (as mentioned elsewhere) the record audio either causes Explorer to crash or does nothing at all.

Unfortunately I can't get the freecorder toolbar to install into Firefox (version 3.6.2 currently). Any solutions to this?

Default Re: Unable to install Freecorder 4 in Firefox 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by Zarozina View Post
    Unfortunately I can't get the freecorder toolbar to install into Firefox (version 3.6.2 currently). Any solutions to this?
    Download the portable version of Firefox.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.