Thread: Conversion to .avi?

Default Conversion to .avi?

I'm trying to convert a 4.5 hour .asf to .avi for use on a DivX compatible player. Replay Converter v2 was still running after six hours, couldn't tell if it was doing anything, so I quit. Tried again with v3 beta, very fast, but the resultant file is not playable through Divx Player 6.6, or on my DVD player. Problem is, I think, there's no name going out for the codec used in the file. Is this a beta bug? Is there any fix for this?

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Spiggy Topes View Post
    I'm trying to convert a 4.5 hour .asf to .avi for use on a DivX compatible player. Replay Converter v2 was still running after six hours, couldn't tell if it was doing anything, so I quit. Tried again with v3 beta, very fast, but the resultant file is not playable through Divx Player 6.6, or on my DVD player. Problem is, I think, there's no name going out for the codec used in the file. Is this a beta bug? Is there any fix for this?
    Hi,

Currently, the new version of Replay Converter 3.0 is not using a DivX compatible codec for converting to AVI files. However, we are in the process of updating Replay Converter 3.0 so that you will be able to convert to DivX compatible AVI files. This new update should be ready in a few days.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

I've uninstalled the version 3 beta, as it was messing up Windows Explorer - same problem as others with the File menu - but I'd still like to convert these files to .avi's with a recognized codec. Any idea when that might become available?

We are working on an update at this time. We hope to have it ready for release in the next week or so. Thanks.

Downloaded and installed the "release" version, 3.10 09/12/2008, and it STILL proxuced .avi files with codec of "". The divX player won't play them, my divX compatible DVD recorder won't play them. I selected AVI High Quality, 800 Kbps. Is there a way to do this so that it makes identifiable .avi's, or should I maybe switch to DivX's own converter? For my purposes, this is useless the way it is.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Spiggy Topes View Post
    Downloaded and installed the "release" version, 3.10 09/12/2008, and it STILL proxuced .avi files with codec of "". The divX player won't play them, my divX compatible DVD recorder won't play them. I selected AVI High Quality, 800 Kbps. Is there a way to do this so that it makes identifiable .avi's, or should I maybe switch to DivX's own converter? For my purposes, this is useless the way it is.
    Hi,

There is a later version of Replay Converter out, version 3.11, but an even newer version will be probably ready to download tomorrow. However, version 3.10 I believe already has a target format named AVI(Xvid). This is not a default target format so you will need to scroll to the bottom of your target format list box and select "Add More Target Formats" and then choose one of the AVI(Xvid) target formats to add to your list of target formats.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

I have some video cd's in WMV that I would like to be able to play on my DVD player..is there any other program besides Replay Converter.3 that I need to be able to transfer them to a DVD-RW I would like to have them for playing on a DVD player instead of on the computer CD player..or can I just use the Replay Converter.3 to burn them onto a DVD format. Thank you for any help you can give me..