Thread: Freecorder Works Once Only

Default Freecorder Works Once Only

Downloaded Freecorder and installed into new Vista Ultimate system. Used it to record MP3s from a podcast OK. Next day when I clicked on the Freecorder Record button, it just opened up your web page. Uninstalled product and reinstalled. Recorder worked OK but went to web page again the next day.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Hi Rocky,

If Freecorder Toolbar has trouble recording, you may need to turn off User Account Control in Windows Vista.

Let me know if this helps. :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Smile Need To Be Administrator

Sorry Jeff, turning off UAC defeats the whole purpose of Vista. It works, but it's crude and unsafe.

Technical support says the secret is one of the following"

1) Login as an Administror

or

2) If logged on as a standard user, run Internet Explorer as an Administrator.

Either way worked for me. Now if applian can just program Freecorder to work properly using a standard user ...

This has been moved as it is for Freecorder 3 and not the desktop version. Another option to turning off the UAC is to use FireFox and see how that goes. It does need to be run with administrative rights. Thanks.

Talking Freecorder Works Once Only

Cheryl,

Firefox ... what's that?

There are 2 types of computer users ... the everyday, normal, plain, vanilla user and those that aren't. For the first user, you make it easy, simple and uncomplicated and they will buy your products. For the other user ... well that's a different world ... and only caters to small niche markets. I believe you sell more product to the first type of user. Too bad the geek whiz-kids still haven't figured that out.

Default Re: Freecorder Works Once Only

I have almost exactly the same issue. Installed freecorder 4 and I have converted 1 video to mp3 without a problem, but if I hit the 'record audio tool' button it just sends me to your download site, as if I've never done the install. using ie8 on win xp service pack 3...