Thread: No recording in AV8 and windows 7

Default No recording in AV8 and windows 7

I have reviewed the previous thread and followed all the fixes.

Running AV8 8.76 flawlessly on Vista.

Now, under Windows 7, radio tuning is fine to Sirius and I can hear the music, but unable to record. The equalizer shows no recording and the file is empty.

Audio recording properties are show Replay Driver.

UAC is turned off.

Audio drivers uninstalled and rebooted.

Audio Realtek drivers updated.

AV8 uninstalled and then rebooted with a fresh install.

Sound in the control panel is to the Realtek drivers.

When testing the sound in AV8, the error notes that no sound was detected and to update the audio drivers, but they are current.

Right I have no fix. This worked perfectly in Vista.

Any suggestions??? HELP!

Default Re: No recording in AV8 and windows 7

Use stream capture. Delete the show from your AV and add it again by going to Record-Record Sirius. Enter your info and do a record now as a test. If that fails go to Sirius online without our program to make sure you can still log on. Some people are finding that a subscription is not including Internet access.

Thank you for the reply.

I have confirmed internet access as I can hear the music in the speakers... but the equalizer bar at the bottom of the AV8 record window is always flat and the file saved is empty.

I am able to download through stream capture. This fix is somewhat cumberson as the file is save in a format that then must be converted to an MP3 format.

Also, how long will it continue to stream record? Using the AV8 soundcard,(that no longer records) I could set the record time. The stream record doesn't seem to have this option.

Any way to fix it to the old system?

Thank you

The ideal method to use is stream capture and that is what it is set up for in the Media Guide. If you don't want to use that then you would need to use audio capture. For this you are probably going to need to turn down your User Account control. If you still have a problem please contact tech support