Thread: Solution to split Sirius recordings

Default Solution to split Sirius recordings

I'd previously complained about Replay A/V breaking Sirius programs into segments. The problem I have finally figured out is with Microsoft's Zero Configuration Service for Wireless. You just have to turn that thing off. For whatever reason it will re-establish a wireless connection at random times and this will lead to breaks in any Replay recording underway.

You can turn off WZC via the Services menu or what I do is use a commandline and type:

> net stop wzcsvc

...when i know i'll be recording.
    And then

> net start wzcsvc

turns it back on (which you may need to connect to another wireless network)

Thank you for this additional information. It might help some people that are having this issue.

Default Re: Solution to split Sirius recordings

I tried this and had no luck. My recording stalled again after just one minute of record time.

Sometimes when capturing live streams, there are gaps in the transmission -- this is why the splits occurred.
    1) Try increasing the Stream Capture Time Out setting. This is located under Replay A/V's Main Settings, under the Tuning tab.

From what I've read, this solution only applies to Windows XP and I'm running Vista. I'm still having this same issue without a clue as to why it happens. I had a few recordings during the week of 12/14/09 through 12/17/09 that were perfect with no splits. I started my recorder up again on 12/27/09 and guess what?...right, back to mega splits. I've tried to record this week and the smallest number of segments has been 16 in a six hour recording. This is ridiculous. And still nothing has been changed or altered on my home computer.

I've tried all the suggested solutions: adjusting the Stream Capture Time Out settings, deleting my shows-rebooting-and scheduling them again and unistalling Replay AV-rebooting-and installing it again. The same thing happens each time. Again, I never had an issue prior to November 2, 2009.
    I've seen other people bring this issue up, but no one seems to have a clue as to why it's occurring.

Has anybody had any success correcting this issue?

Jake

Oh. I see. thanks for that information.

Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? My recordings are being split (on average) 6-8 times per hour of recording.

I just can't seem to figure it out.

Jake