Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Install RMC4 Update: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Default Can't Install RMC4 Update: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable." It seems like it's looking for C:\TEMP\RMC4Install\RMC.Setup.msi but when I go to one in a temp folder.
    It responds with this:
    "The file "C:\TEMP\RMC4Install\RMC.Setup.msi" is not a valid installation package for the product Replay Media Catcher 4. Try to find the installation package 'RMC Setup.msi' in a folder from which you can install Replay Media Catcher 4."
    Yes, I'm administrator. Yes, I deleted all temp files before re-running installer.
    This is pretty annoying, I gotta say.

XP Pro.

Default Re: Can't Install RMC4 Update: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

im getting the exact same problem.... i downloaded the update last night, was using it last night and everything was fine... today i went to use its coming out with the same error messages as the above post... i dont see why, as it was already installed.

anyone got any clue whats wrong????

Default Re: Can't Install RMC4 Update: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

I didn't figure out what the problem was BUT I did fix it.

Short version: run regedit. Drill down to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Hit the F3 key. Type in "catcher" (sans quotes). Hit the 'enter' key. It should stop at: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\<Big long alphanumeric string> (mine was 'C31EDC7B049676C4A9DD5B73A323B7F2' but yours probably won't be). DELETE the key name (the Big long alphanumeric string in the left window pane. Quit regedit. Reinstall.

thanks for your reply... in the end i just deleted the whole thing and downloaded it againt, took two attempts but now it SEEMS to be working ok.. dont know for howlong though lol.

Thanks for the update folks - glad you got it working (after a few tries) - be assured, this issue is being looked into and worked on .

Thanks!
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Prince View Post
    I didn't figure out what the problem was BUT I did fix it.

Short version: run regedit. Drill down to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Hit the F3 key. Type in "catcher" (sans quotes). Hit the 'enter' key. It should stop at: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\<Big long alphanumeric string> (mine was 'C31EDC7B049676C4A9DD5B73A323B7F2' but yours probably won't be). DELETE the key name (the Big long alphanumeric string in the left window pane. Quit regedit. Reinstall.

Thanks, works for me.

Please see what version you have installed and download the correct MSI.

XP: Look in the add/remove programs applet in the control panel, select RMC and click “Click here for support” to get the version number.
    Vista/Win7: Look in the uninstall programs applet in the control panel. The version number is a column in the display and will be listed against RMC.

Download the correct MSI by replacing the version number in one of the following URLs.

32bit http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Applian/rmc/<version no>/RMC.Setup.msi
    X64 http://jaksta.s3.amazonaws.com/Applian/rmc/<version no>/RMCX64.Setup.msi

I'm not familiar with any uninstall applet or how to view one. I can go to uninstall and I see rmc. Then what? I think I'm not the only one. I have vista 64.

Quote Originally Posted by terryar53 View Post
    I'm not familiar with any uninstall applet or how to view one. I can go to uninstall and I see rmc. Then what? I think I'm not the only one. I have vista 64.
    Go into your computers control panel, and then add/remove programs.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Go into your computers control panel, and then add/remove programs.
    And in Vista "The version number is a column in the display and will be listed against RMC"