Thread: Trapped in upgrade loop

Default Trapped in upgrade loop

So here's my problem...

I had A/V 8.43 installed and registered and working fine.

I install the new Replay Director and it tells me to click and upgrade to 8.5. I do so.

But when I go to run 8.5, it tells me that I need to pay $9.95 for a new registration code.

So there's the first problem right there: You're getting me to upgrade my system and THEN telling me I have to pay to use the upgrade. That's not right.

So I go to the website to order the $9.95 upgrade and can't find where to order it. If it's there, it's sure well-hidden. Every single place I click that claims it will take me to the $9.95 upgrade page instead takes me to a page where I can order a second copy of the Replay Capture Suite for $29.95.

I don't need a second copy. I need the $9.95 upgrade...which I shouldn't need to order in the first place.

So I do find a link that tells me that if I don't want to pay for the $9.95 upgrade, I can reinstall 8.43. Fine. I download and install it as directed...

...and when I run it, it tells me it's version 8.5 and that I need to order the $9.95 upgrade.

So I completely uninstall 8.5 and then reinstall 8.43, which takes quite a while. And I run it. And it's still 8.5 and it still wants me to buy a $9.95 upgrade which I can't find.

I've been an Applian customer for a long time. I've bought many upgrades. Somehow, despite this, I'm sitting here with a demo copy of Replay A/V that I can't seem to upgrade and I've also wasted a lot of my life on what should be a very simple process.

Would someone like to tell me how to fix this? Better still, would Applian like to fix the way their upgrades work?

Default Re: Trapped in upgrade loop

You can view the upgrades available to you here. If you do not wish to purchase an upgrade, there is a link to the older version near the bottom of the download page.

Default Re: Trapped in upgrade loop

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    You can view the upgrades available to you here. If you do not wish to purchase an upgrade, there is a link to the older version near the bottom of the download page.
    ME: See, here's the problem right here!

Read my message again, Tasha.

You just advised me to try the two things that I said I'd already tried and which didn't work.

That link does NOT show me the upgrades available to me. It tries to sell me an extra copy of the whole Applian Capture Suite.

And I already downloaded what was supposed to be the older version (8.43) on that page and installed it and I still have the later, demo version (8.5) on my computer.

Please read the message again. Thanks.