Thread: Want to record a 2 hour radio show

Default Want to record a 2 hour radio show

I'm new to Replay Music. I've been using Freecorder for a while and am ready to buy Replay Music after trying it out. But the quickie tutorial focuses on recording something like Rhapsody and separating out the songs. I want to record a radio show that streams after it's original broadcast in St. Louis (the show's called "Bob's Scratchy Records").

Will it be easy to do this with Replay Music ? Where can I find how to do this ?

Thanks,

David

Default Re: Want to record a 2 hour radio show

Or am I maybe using the wrong product ?

The ideal program to use for something like this is Replay AV. give the demo of the program a try and see if it meets your needs.

So is Freecorder4 is defunct ? I'd be happy to pay $20 for a current version of Freecorder but I feel $50 for A/V replay is steep for my simple needs here.

I looked at the Freecorder forum and it seems to dedicated to Freecorder 2 which makes me believe it's been abandoned.

If the only suitable option from Applian is A/V Replay I'll have to go to a competitor. But I'd like to keep using Freecorder.

There are separate forum sections for Freecorder 2 - which is our stand alone paid program, and Freecorder 4 - which is our toolbar. There is no paid version of Freecorder that will do what you are asking. Freecorder 4 will record this, but it is likely that you will end up with many small files.

I was using a free version of Freecorder that recorded the 2 hour radio show before. You said that Freecorder 4 will record the 2 hour show, but to many small files. Would that be to 4 half hour long files ? I could put them together in Sound Forge LE which I have. I just don't understand why the paid version won't do what a free version used to.

Thanks for any info.

David