Thread: replay converter doesnt keep a widescreen apsect ratio

Default replay converter doesnt keep a widescreen apsect ratio

EDIT: for some reason the version thats linked with the Replay Suite(which is what i bought) is an older version and never updates, i visited the FAQ section and it provided a link to the main Replay Converter page which is version 3.37, this widescreen issue no longer happens, but you should update the links for the Replay Suite

ive been converting a few files an can easily see that it crops the sides of any wide screen video to a 4:3 aspect ratio and even stretches the video vertically, giving a slightly

can you please fix this issue soon

im using version 3.20 to convert FLV video files into MOV format at high quality

every converted file automatically gets cropped to 320x240 output, even tho the source FLV's are 576x324

heres a sample log from one of my conversions:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/30/250133/test.txt
    Last edited by eival; 06-09-2009 at 03:02 PM.

We are aware that it isn't installed in AV yet. The developer is working on a few things first. I'm glad you now have it working.

Yes. I bet they are still working on it. this is really frustrating especially if your video will suffer from loss of quality.

Please install the latest version as it has corrected a few items if you are not using 3.38. Thanks.

Default Re: replay converter doesnt keep a widescreen apsect ratio

I am running 3.38 and am also having a similar problem. I have a 720x480 AVI and am trying to convert it to a WMV file. However, when it converts, it is not preserving the aspect ratio. Regardless of whether I choose "Original" or "720x480" for the output size, it does the same thing.

Is there a way to specify the aspect ratio?

Right mouse click the file format and select edit. You are able to make a lot of changes there. Also, make sure you are using the latest version, 3.40

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Right mouse click the file format and select edit. You are able to make a lot of changes there. Also, make sure you are using the latest version, 3.40
    You can have even more control over your conversions by directly using ffmpeg, which Replay Converter uses without giving credit, in violation of ffmpeg's license.

Quote Originally Posted by ronzie009 View Post
    You can have even more control over your conversions by directly using ffmpeg, which Replay Converter uses without giving credit, in violation of ffmpeg's license.
    This has been updated. You can find the ffmpeg info in the "About" section of Replay Converter.

Hello. I have been using Replay Converter v.3.60 to burn video files (.avi) to DVD. I too have been having trouble with the aspect ratio 16:9 squeezed into a distorted 4:3 ratio.

I have had no luck right-clicking on the source file and change options. There doesn't seem to be any no way to force the correct aspect ratio to the converted and burned file. This is the latest version of Converter, so I'm at a loss.

I upgraded to v.3.60 because it included burning to a DVD, but this problem makes the software useless to me. Help, please.