Thread: Does Replay work with "Ruckus"

Default Does Replay work with "Ruckus"

The title says it all. I would like to be able to stream music through Ruckus, record them via Replay and move them into iTunes. Has anyone tried it?

Do you have a link for this so someone can test it. Thanks.

I tried it and it works.

Ruckus is only available to college students with a valid college email address.

Now, Replay automatically moved the MP3's into iTunes. I tried playing them in iTunes and they worked. So then, I deleted the tracks in Replay. Then I tried to play them again in iTunes and the files could not be found. What did I do wrong?

I'm not an iTunes expert, but I do use it occasionally. I believe that if you don't buy the music from them iTunes needs to be able to locate it in another file. I know I've had music that I downloaded then moved to iTunes and once I deleted them from my Media file i was no longer able to play them in iTunes either. Hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Tasha is correct. You do need to keep the file on your system-that is the way iTunes works so don't delete it even if you have "added" it to iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by wavewuver View Post
    I tried it and it works.

Ruckus is only available to college students with a valid college email address.

Now, Replay automatically moved the MP3's into iTunes. I tried playing them in iTunes and they worked. So then, I deleted the tracks in Replay. Then I tried to play them again in iTunes and the files could not be found. What did I do wrong?
    I would suspect that your iTunes is setup to NOT manage your music. In other words what do you have for the setting Preferences>Advanced General Tab "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library"

If those are not checked then what is happening is your adding the files you captured with RePlay Music to your iTunes library but iTunes is not moving the files to your library but rather using the actual files in your RePlay Music folder so when you delete from the Replay Music folder they are being completly removed from your PC. If you check those options then when you add a files to iTunes it will copy the physical files to your iTunes library folder. After that happens is when you can delete from your replay folder.
    Be aware, if you check the "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" it will try and organize your entire music library and copy the files from all the other locations on your PC to that folder.

Very interesting, I never knew that. Thank you for the tip!

Tasha

Default ???

i tried steaming it with my replay music for ruckus...
    it didnt work, doesnt detect any sounds.
    whats wrong?? help.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by kofungyi View Post
    i tried steaming it with my replay music for ruckus...
    it didnt work, doesnt detect any sounds.
    whats wrong?? help.
    Usually if Replay Music is unable to detect audio from a website, make sure to do the following:

1) Open Replay Music first, before opening the source you are going to record from.

2) Make sure to select the "Audio driver" setting in Replay Music before doing the recording.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

i tried both before, didnt work