Thread: Cant play asf video captured using replay media catcher from www.learner.org

Default Cant play asf video captured using replay media catcher from www.learner.org

Using Replay Media Catcher version 3.11 and trying to record and eventually convert the "Western Tradition" series to DVD: http://www.learner.org/resources/series58.html#

RMC grabs the streams just fine when the little viedo player starts up n the PC and saves .asf files on my computer, however when I tried to view them, all I have is audio (Windows Media Player) and when using GOM, it appears to start and then just stops. It also appears to be inconsistent as well as I believe one of the videos did play for me (# 4 in the list on the web site above).

Now here's the kicker - I have been an applian user for years, getting my first product in 2005. If I use your earlier product, WM Recorder version 12.0, I can copy the URL for each of these movies, and download a .wmv of the same thing, and the movies play in Windows Media Player perfectly! I have yet to try and convert them to mpeg4 to burn a DVD but will try that shortly using your Replay Converter product.

Default Re: Captures OK but no Video when playing asf

We do not recommend using Media Catcher for capturing Windows Media streams. WM Recorder or Replay AV are the best programs for this format.