Thread: Jumping Replay A/V recordings

Default Jumping Replay A/V recordings

Just recently, say the last few weeks, many of the recordings I have made via Replay A/V have little jumps in them, like when the needle used to jump on a vinyl record (remember them?!), missing out a few words. This never used to happen before and I've not changed any of my settings, save for re-selecting the Stations from Media Guide and making sure I have the latest update of the program, but the problem persists.

I usually convert speech programmes to Audio MP3 (64 Kbps) which used to be perfectly adequate without making the files too big.

Has anybody else had this problem and do you have an answer?

Default Re: Jumping Replay A/V recordings

Are you using audio capture or stream capture? Audio capture is going to record what it hears while stream capture is going to record from the native source. Make sure the program is allowed in your firewall-tuner.exe and guide.exe along with replayav.exe.

Thanks, Cheryl.

I am using Stream Capture, and the URLs as provided by the Media Guide for the Radio Stations in question, ie. BBC7, BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 3.

Not sure how I "allow" programs in my firewall, and if that is the problem, why are the radio programmes still getting through, albeit with occasional "jumps", and why has this only started happening recently?

BBC has been changing the way they stream. That could be part of the problem. Delete a show from AV and then add the show again. See if that corrects the issue. It could also be your Internet having a blurp in it-I have not had this issue reported before with stream capture. Thanks.

I have been deleting shows and adding them again in the hope that would resolve the problem, but it has not, hence my query.

I wonder if the corruption could be happening somewhere in the conversion process. I did upgrade Replay Converter quite recently. It seems to happen both to programmes which are scheduled in Replay A/V 8, and when I capture them from BBC iPlayer with Replay Media Catcher.

Perhaps I need to listen to a .flv file captured by RMC before I convert it and see if it has the same problem.

It's odd that no-one else seems to be having this problem.